X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Social Worker
    DACP....
    Is that department policy?
    Yes it is, They want that format for all cases, not just TA’s at the bottom of the page we do an indent, then write out victim1= Howie Kister, subject1=Otto Order, and so forth to identify all involved. Trust me you get a good case, and by the time you are done you want to beat your head aginst the wall.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
      I can't stand reports that read victim 1, suspect 2, or whatever...the only thing worse is V1, R1, S1. Oy. Use their NAME!!!
      I agree. Another pet peeve of mine is the overuse of "this Officer/Deputy", "reporting officer", etc. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the pronouns "I" or "me" when appropriate. Nobody speaks that way. Why would they write it as such?
      sigpic
      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Ok, another questions....mind you I am not a LEO so I dont just assume, well, most of the time.
          Do you write the reports, hand written or type them on a computer?
          Either way its done, where do you find the time?
          I'm from the central coast, Ca, my county is rittled by gang violence, I think I see GTF officers in their black cars more often than I see regular police an of course our sheriff, well they have a lot of uncorporated area to cover.....they are busy. So with all the calls the leo's are getting and sometimes there can be two, maybe three shootings in a 12hr span.....How do the reports get done?
          If you just let people talk long enough......you will learn their intentions.

Comment

Oh guys and ladies...I have another question. Anyone had to write a collision report? Any tips? Aside from what has already been posted.
            If you just let people talk long enough......you will learn their intentions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4651 users online. 258 members and 4393 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X