Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most commonly asked question from citizen to a cop?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
    They're not questions but I wish I had a dime for every comedian who says "I didn't do it" or "Here he is officer" when I walk into a business or restaurant and thinks they've just said the funniest thing.
    My usual answer to the "I didn't do it" comment is that "Yeah, and we have about 950 people in the downtown jail that all say the same thing. Makes you wonder why they're where they are if they 'didn't do it'."

The "Here he is" comment usually gets a "But he called me here to pick YOU up!"

Almost always gets a wide-eyed "HUHHHHHH?"

Mental misfits, ALL of 'em.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
    "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

"You know who you look like..?"

Followed by me preparing myself to force a smile when I really want to OC the person who is about to call me Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
        Probably one of the best complaints of my career. I was in a crappy mood and got the "I didn't do it" line...and replied with "Thats not what that little boy said".

Didn't go over so well.
        LOL

A drunk women outside a club slurred that at me one night. As the smell of her night of imbibing hit me square in the face, I responded with, "It smell like you phuking did." Her girlfriend got offended for her and I got the complaint.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Is everything ok?

Sorry to bother you when your're eating, but?

Do I really have to go around? I just live down the road....
          When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
            How do I get to....?
            almost always during a felony stop.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Do you know who I am?
              Are you REALLY a cop?
              Can you give me a break?
              Why don't you arrest him/her?
              Ever kill someone? (Why, are you volunteering?)
              AND of course the usual ones others have posted here. It makes me wonder how some people get along in life...............

Comment

Can you give me a break. I'm soooo sick and tired of hearing that one.

I would not have stopped you if I was just going to give you a break. why waste my time or your time.

Maybe some of the veteran cops can help me out here, but in the last 3 maybe 4 years more and more people now ask that. I remeber in the 90's I never got asked "can I get a break or warning". Early in my career the violator would just wait for me to return with there license and sign the citation w/out any drama. OR is just me lol

Comment

Last edited by fordman318; 03-29-2010, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                    LOL

A drunk women outside a club slurred that at me one night. As the smell of her night of imbibing hit me square in the face, I responded with, "It smell like you phuking did." Her girlfriend got offended for her and I got the complaint.
                    lol smurfette. That was good

Comment

them: "Excuse me, can I ask you a question?"

me: "You just did."

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

heh-heh

Comment

Originally posted by Presence 1* View Post

From men I take to jail, "Can you pat me down again?"
                          Maybe it's just your technique?

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

"are you married?"

Comment

Originally posted by Duckfan0311 View Post
                              Do I really have to go around? I just live down the road....
                              Good Lord, I hate that one. I have noticed though that those who really do live "down the road" dont' say that...they want to know what is going on, is everything o.k., and (sometimes) 'have you been here long? can I get you a (drink, food)?'

Nope, the last one that said he lived 'right down the road' had out-of-state plates, so I said "no, you don't" and turned him around.
                              The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

I was watching Cops the other day and one of the officers had been called to a drunk woman in public and when he got there she was bleeding from below her eye. He asked her a few times if someone did that to her or if she just fell and she was so drunk she couldnt really understand the question so she responded by asking; Can I give you a nickname? Following it by; Your nickname is Doodoo.

I was laughing pretty hard but the officer didnt seem to think it was so funny.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5748 users online. 341 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X