Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most commonly asked question from citizen to a cop?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
    "Have you ever shot anyone"
    Oh how did I miss that! I get asked that a lot... but no one asks if I've ever been shot!

Another wacky one, since I'm a female, is "Have you ever beat up a guy bigger than you?"
    "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Originally posted by MvExplorer View Post
      no no no...hands down the most common question...

Can you come over here and parent my kid for me?
      And their concept of parenting includes putting the little darlin' in juvenile detention.

Comment

Can I shoot at someone for _______________ ?(some type of property crime generally)

How do i get back to 95/495?

Have you ever had to take your gun out?
        No I just carry it cause it looks cool and I helps balance my belt, but seriously its almost everyday that I work.

And every now and then I get the stupid a** question about doughnuts and coffee?

Oh how did I forget, you actually have to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
          If I talked to someone like that the next person I would be answering questions for would be the Sheriff. Not that I don't agree with you that people are rude and annoying but if you act like a jerk you paint the rest of us the same way.
          You think that is acting like a jerk? I am polite but firm. Most of them are thugs anyway, so who cares. (By the way, I don't know anybody I have ever arrested that is my enemy, and I have been responsible for sending several away for a long time. (one for life!) I normally get positive comments from other diners who witness the exchange. I've had a few complaints in the 26 years I have worked. 99.9% of them were bogus, and thanks to video cameras I can prove it. But, I've never had a complaint about this. You want to let some "jerk" sit there and talk to you while your dinner gets cold, be my guest. I don't refuse to help them, I just make them wait their turn, so to speak. Remember, your "the man", don't be a wuss!

Comment

Definitely the "did something happen?" bit, usually within sight of the: plume of smoke/landing helo/heavily armed men/overturned vehicle/downed tree....

Then the next question is "Well how do I get home?" which without fail comes from someone who has been in the neighborhood at least 10 years but only knows one way to get to their driveway.

I love my job.
            "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
            but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

"Why are you doing this? Why do want to ruin my life?"

If you're driving drunk from the scene where you shattered your bong over your spouse's head at ten in the morning, someone beat me to the punch as far as ruining your life goes because it sure looked ****ty when I got there.

Comment

They're not questions but I wish I had a dime for every comedian who says "I didn't do it" or "Here he is officer" when I walk into a business or restaurant and thinks they've just said the funniest thing.

My response is usually a sacarstic "Wow! I've never heard that one before. How original". Followed by obvious and equally sacarstic laughter.

If it HAS to be a question, I'm surprised at how many people seriously inquire if my firearm is "loaded".
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Not so much a question as ignorance of the law, but I always run into amateur lawyers.

I went to a theft of a car tag once where the lady said "I just wanted to get a report done because theft of a car tag is a felony". No maam, it isn't.

I went to one not too long ago where a woman wanted her mother-in-law arrested for "breaking and entering" because she walked into her locked bedroom to get her belongings, and that's a felony. Well, no maam, there is no such thing as breaking and entering in the state of Alabama (except with a motor vehicle), and she lives in your house.

Comment

Will this put points on my license?

Can you let me go with a warning?
                    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Blues View Post
                      Is it true you guys have to meet a quota? Never fails.
                      No Sir we don't have quotas. But I am trying real hard to win that free toster oven at the end of the month... sign here, its not a plea of guilty only a promise blah blah blah.
                      Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

Apparently im supposed to know every street, building, theatre, school, and hospital in the damn county

Comment

I encountered a kid the other day, probably about 8 years old, he yelled, "I didn't do it Officer!" as I walked into a store.

That one's startin' early!

As for the question I get asked most commonly, it would depend on the demographic:

From juveniles, "how long did you go to school to be a cop?"

From elderly women after I've searched their home/yard/neighborhood for a prowler: "Aren't you scared?"

From men I take to jail, "Can you pat me down again?"

But definitely the most common is, "Can I ask you a question?" It comes from all races, ages, shapes, sizes and creeds. It never fails.

lmao...

Comment

I encountered a kid the other day, probably about 8 years old, he yelled, "I didn't do it Officer!" as I walked into a store.

That one's startin' early!

As for the question I get asked most commonly, it would depend on the demographic:

From juveniles, "how long did you go to school to be a cop?"

From elderly women after I've searched their home/yard/neighborhood for a prowler: "Aren't you scared?"

From men I take to jail, "Can you pat me down again?"

But definitely the most common is, "Can I ask you a question?" It comes from all races, ages, shapes, sizes and creeds. It never fails.

Comment

[QUOTE=KapsFB;2042897]They're not questions but I wish I had a dime for every comedian who says "I didn't do it" or "Here he is officer" when I walk into a business or restaurant and thinks they've just said the funniest thing.

Bingo!
                              This gets really tiresome, especially when they act like it is the funniest thing ever. I have started to either ignore them or just give a fake smile.
                              Good.........bad..........I'm the guy with the gun - Army of Darknesssigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                                They're not questions but I wish I had a dime for every comedian who says "I didn't do it" or "Here he is officer" when I walk into a business or restaurant and thinks they've just said the funniest thing.

My response is usually a sacarstic "Wow! I've never heard that one before. How original". Followed by obvious and equally sacarstic laughter.

If it HAS to be a question, I'm surprised at how many people seriously inquire if my firearm is "loaded".
                                Probably one of the best complaints of my career. I was in a crappy mood and got the "I didn't do it" line...and replied with "Thats not what that little boy said".

Didn't go over so well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5715 users online. 355 members and 5360 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X