Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most commonly asked question from citizen to a cop?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guams View Post
    The most common question asked of me is: "How old are you?"

Alternatively, it's: "Are you old enough to be a cop?"

And the background information to go along with it... I look like I'm 16 years old.

I'm 23 and I get the same thing a lot. I tell them my age and then tell them it's a shame someone half their age has to babysit them.

Comment

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted: "Can you help me?"

(Obvious answer: 'That's what I get paid for.' )
      Last edited by pulicords; 10-25-2009, 06:39 AM.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

"Do you know __________?"
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

And the background information to go along with it... I look like I'm 16 years old.
          Yep, and now that it is Halloween time I wonder if people will think that I am dressed as a Police Officer.

Comment

I didn't see this one on here yet. How about the "You might know my cousin ______ he's a cop in ______". Of course that agency is like 500 miles away.
            God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

For voluntary contact, its a toss up between

Do you know so-and-so? My cousin's ex-father-in-law was a reserve deputy for three weeks, about 28 years ago, in a tiny town in a different state. I think his name was Bill. Do you know him?

-OR-

How do I get to somewhere that's not here? You'd be surprised how often what they are asking for is either visible from where they are standing or they are hundreds of miles away. My favorite was a woman looking for a college in Bloomington while driving around Indianapolis.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                My favorite was a woman looking for a college in Bloomington while driving around Indianapolis.
                But they look so close on a U.S. road atlas!
                "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

"Excuse me, but do you know how to get to ___________?"

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                    "Excuse me, but do you know how to get to ___________?"
                    Had someone come up and do this to me while I was on a high risk stop not too long ago. A bunch of us around the vehicle with guys in cuffs. People just have no clue...

Comment

Hands down, it's "Are you a real cop?" (I'm a reserve deputy)

Followed closely by "Do you know deputy/officer so and so?"

I've also had people come up to me while we're dealing with someone and ask "Do you really have to do that?"
                      For every one hundred men you send us,
                      Ten should not even be here.
                      Eighty are nothing but targets.
                      Nine of them are real fighters;
                      We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                      Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                      And he will bring the others back.

Comment

I get asked "You're a cop?!? You don't LOOK like a cop!"
                        I tell them "Cops are people, we look like people!"
                        (I think I'm supposed to look much bigger - and male! lol)

Also as mentioned, the "Do you know_____?"
                        I say "No, but next time you see him ask him if he knows me!"
                        "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

oh you could arrest me...with those eyes....mmm mmm mmm
                          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                            oh you could arrest me...with those eyes....mmm mmm mmm
                            oddly enough i get that too..
                            In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

uuummmm, I doubt it.....look at her pic and then look at yours

How about, "I cant believe you have to work today, (insert big holiday here)"..ok, not so much a question, but still..
                              or... "How fast will your car go?" or "Do you have a special police pakage, (in my car....sickos)"
                              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

"Have you ever shot anyone"
                                Originally posted by K40
                                To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                                ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3207 users online. 170 members and 3037 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X