Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most commonly asked question from citizen to a cop?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever had to use your gun yet?

Comment

Like others...its usually when I finally have that 10 minute window between humping calls and just got my food. The mouth is watering as I'm raising my sandwich to the mouth....then I see the eye contact from across the room...then the "Can I ask you a question?"

I politely put my burger down as I was taught its not proper to eat during conversation....Then comes the next call.

Comment

What did you stop me for?

Will you handcuff me?

Are you really an Officer?

Do you know who I am?
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

did you have to get TASERed??
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

When I was a D.A.R.E. Instructor, the most common kid's question besides the usual "Have you ever shot anyone?", and "Have you ever gotten shot?" was, "Hey, Man, whatcha carryin', a 9?" (From the little thugs, of course.)

My usual answer was "Naw, man, they just carry 9's on TV. Real cops carry .50's, like this!" (Started carrying a .308 round in my pocket to show them what a ".50" looked like.)

To which the usual reply was, "WOW, Man!"

Little knuckleheads of course didn't have a clue what they were looking at.

Of course I would then tell them, "Now sit down and be quiet. You watch way too much TV."

Did I mention how much I enjoyed teaching?

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
            "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Usually when you have a road closed and are out directing traffic in the rain/snow/cold. It never fails, somebody will pull up and ask, "did something happen?" I got tired of hearing it one day and told them no, we just like to practice in a blizzard

Comment

As a continuation to the OPs question, and brought about about by K9Toms response above, how often do you just let the sarcasm fly when continuously asked truly stupid questions. I mean obviously being the consumate professionals that all LEOs are no one would ever be sarcastic would they?

Comment

Originally posted by K9Tom View Post
                  Usually when you have a road closed and are out directing traffic in the rain/snow/cold. It never fails, somebody will pull up and ask, "did something happen?" I got tired of hearing it one day and told them no, we just like to practice in a blizzard
                  No the most common one here is, "Can I go through, I just live down the street"
                  Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

y u b pressin me yung (or cuz they are interchangable)????????

Comment

Originally posted by jthorpe View Post
                      While at a restaurant, eating our meal and minding our own busines....

"I hate to bother you but..."

Argh

Or if you pull your patrol car off the beaten path for some privacy and someone walks up out of nowhere tapping on your window................

The restaurent one is the second most annoying to me, especially when you are trying to eat fast because you know you could get a call any second.

Comment

Can you loosen these cuffs?
                        Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
                          Or if you pull your patrol car off the beaten path for some privacy and someone walks up out of nowhere tapping on your window................

The restaurent one is the second most annoying to me, especially when you are trying to eat fast because you know you could get a call any second.
                          My answer to the restaurant deal is: Yes, If you will wait in the lobby/outside/or where ever, and let me finish my meal, I will be glad to answer your question(s). They usually just get mad and leave. If they insist, I will ask them if "this is an emergency"? The answer is always no. I will then tell them to leave me alone until I'm done eating. Never had to take it further than that.

Comment

Why!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike11 View Post
                              My answer to the restaurant deal is: Yes, If you will wait in the lobby/outside/or where ever, and let me finish my meal, I will be glad to answer your question(s). They usually just get mad and leave. If they insist, I will ask them if "this is an emergency"? The answer is always no. I will then tell them to leave me alone until I'm done eating. Never had to take it further than that.
                              If I talked to someone like that the next person I would be answering questions for would be the Sheriff. Not that I don't agree with you that people are rude and annoying but if you act like a jerk you paint the rest of us the same way.

Comment

The most common question asked of me is: "How old are you?"

Alternatively, it's: "Are you old enough to be a cop?"

And the background information to go along with it... I look like I'm 16 years old.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5722 users online. 352 members and 5370 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X