300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take home car policy

For those of yall with take home cars, does the dept. set a limit on how many miles you can live from the city or station to be able to drive your car home? Or do you have to live in the county/city you work in? If it's miles, what is the average limit?

It depends on the department...
    Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
    MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
    Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
    Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
    Various Graduate Credits - UoP
    MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
    DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Ditto, every agency has their rules. It's usually a certain distance away from the office and that varies depending on how big the surrounding metro area is.
      Some agencies allow ofd duty use while others only allow for official use.
      Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

At the agency from which I'm retired, a Division Chief (Major) can determine the miles a take home car can be driven from a Post or duty station. The general rule is sixty miles. Needs of the Department are the determining factor.

Comment

our limit is 15 mile radius...
          It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
          Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

25 miles here.

Comment

Here take-homes are only for Detective and specialized positions. The rule is 30 miles from the county line as the crow flies.
              Magistrate: "Do you have any other pending charges?"
              Drunk: "Well there's this thing where the cops said I spit blood on them."
              Me: "Wait a minute, that was me!"
              Drunk: "Oh... now you like me even less."

Comment

10 driving miles here....pretty strict

Comment

you must live within the county....

Comment

Our dept allows unlimited off duty use within our parish and up to 20 miles outside our parish (county) borders, living further is at the Sheriff's descretion.
                    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

No off duty use here. Take home cars are for every officer w/in the city limits...Detective and SRT regardless of where they live.
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Take home cars if you live in county. If you get a take home you can use it for personal use it in county or in any adjacent county.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

No limit on miles. We have had others in the past and still have one guy who lives an easy hour drive to/from work. He's had a take home for over 10 years.

Comment

Ours is you have to live within 6 miles from the department as the crow flies and absolutely no off-duty use. We share cars so for most it isn't there anyways.

Comment

Every deputy in my dept gets a take-home vehicle. If you live within the county you can park it in front of your residence. If you live outside the county you can arrange to park it at some public location like a fire dept. in the county or keep it at the station. But either way it's your unit; we don't do carpooling. Take homes are for driving to and from work and for official use only.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4702 users online. 271 members and 4431 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X