300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misdemeanors 221.05?? NYPD

I've been arrested twice for graffiti. The first time I was 15.The second time I had just turned 16 and it was for old graffiti. But they charge me as a juvenile i was in n out of the Precinct that time.At the age of 17. I was arrested for drinking in public and my friend and I were told we We're going to be charged for Marijuana because they found an empty bag about 15 feet from where we were.we were told to to get in the van.I was not convicted.I was told by the judge to stay out of trouble for one year. I was given an ACD it was dismissed.

What are my changes of getting into the NYPD or NYPD Auxiliary???
    Last edited by Angle 718; 10-23-2009, 09:15 PM.
    ....Knowledge Is Power....

PL 221.05 (unlawful possession of marihauana) is not a Misdemeanor in New York State, it is a violation level offense. If your case was ACD'd, it doesnt look like you have much to worry about. Be truthful with your background and criminal history when questioned. If that is all you have to hide then dont sweat it.
    And the road becomes my bride.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-97UPD View Post
      PL 221.05 (unlawful possession of marihauana) is not a Misdemeanor in New York State, it is a violation level offense. If your case was ACD'd, it doesnt look like you have much to worry about. Be truthful with your background and criminal history when questioned. If that is all you have to hide then dont sweat it.
      Do you know any cops on the job that has a Criminal history?
      thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Angle 718 View Post
        Do you know any cops on the job that has a Criminal history?
        thank you
        I do know cops that have been arrested prior to getting on the job. Ive also seen candidates who have a squeeky clean backgrounds get shot down. It all depends on speficic circumstances in each situaution.
        And the road becomes my bride.

Comment

[QUOTE=Angle 718;2039406]I've been arrested twice for graffiti. The first time I was 15.The second time I had just turned 16 and it was for old graffiti. But they charge me as a juvenile i was in n out of the Precinct that time.At the age of 17. I was arrested for drinking in public and my friend and I were told we We're going to be charged for Marijuana because they found an empty bag about 15 feet from where we were.we were told to to get in the van.I was not convicted.I was told by the judge to stay out of trouble for one year. I was given an ACD it was dismissed.

What are my changes of getting into the NYPD or NYPD Auxiliary???[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

All of that stuff is on your criminal record. Dismissed or not it's there. I wouldn't hire you.

You have no regard for the law and there are FAR to many excellent applicants that do obey the law that they can choose from.

Comment

I don't think you are going to have any problems.. I have seen people with worse get on the job. Plus all of the charges you listed occurred when you were a juvenile.Keep your nose clean and be truthful. Good luck!
              Last edited by nasa808; 10-26-2009, 06:50 PM.
              We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
                I think you are going to have any problems.. I have seen people with worst get on the job. Plus all of the charges you listed occurred when you were a juvenile.Keep your nose clean and be truthful. Good luck!
                Thank you
                Are you a member of the NYPD?

Comment

Negative...I'm OTJ in NJ.

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
                    Negative...I'm OTJ in NJ.
                    o because it said P.O. Russel Timoshenko (RIP) he was from Staten Island very sad what happen to him I read in the papers.

Comment

Russel sorta grew on me after that incident because he reminds me of one of my friends ( Officer Tyron Franklin ) that died in the line of duty. They have quite a few things in common.

1. Both were 23 y/o
                      2. Both had 1 year on the job
                      3. Both are on the same wall at the Law Enforcement Memorial
                      4. Both loved their jobs.

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

any more information Guys???

Comment

:confused?????

Comment

Originally posted by Angle 718 View Post
                            any more information Guys???
                            How long ago were these incidents? How old are you now?
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              How long ago were these incidents? How old are you now?
                              well I'm 20 now going to sign up for NYPD Auxiliary this Tuesday...
                              First one when I was 15...Last one when I was 17.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6348 users online. 373 members and 5975 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X