300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Home Car Program

When I turn 21 I am thinking about joining my local county police department. They have a take home car program, and I was curious how those exactly work.

I understand that your first year is a probationary year, so most likely you don't get a take home vehicle. Do you get a take home vehicle your first year of being a sworn officer, or does the take home vehicle program come with seniority?

Thanks for your service to your community and stay safe.

Depends on the agency. Usually when you get off Probation you are assigned one, now some agencies allow full unlimited use of car off-duty, some only allow to and from and work-related stuff. And in some depts. only upper echelon officers get take-homes.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

You should probably ask them. Most places use the takehome car as an incentive and are only too happy to give you the parameters.

Comment

I got mine right after field training. But like they said, depends.

Comment

I got mine after Probation (1.5yr)
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

It depends on the agency, at mine you get one as soon as you complete all your training and are out on your own.

Comment

I got mine when I completed FT. I have no parameters on where I can take my car off-duty.

Comment

My dept gave me mine after comletion of FTO, I am allowed to make stops while at work if able and to and from work, I have pretty well free range of using it as long as I dont abuse it as being off from work and driving all around gods creation.

Me personally i drive it 12 hours a day on duty, when im off i dont even start it, it just sets in the driveway looking at me. LOL

Best thing to do is ask the depts you will be applying with.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4859 users online. 296 members and 4563 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X