Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding disclosing things in your BI that you didn't disclose at MEPS

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding disclosing things in your BI that you didn't disclose at MEPS

I know these are two different things but have been reading about scenarios that dq people. Lets say you don't disclose certain things at MEPS and these are small things,(having a broken bone at age 7, etc) and once you are out of the military or home from deployment you disclose everything in your BI for a federal LE job. Maybe you saw a shrink at 12 because your mom died, didn't disclose at MEPS, but did with your BI. How does this affect a candidate?

If he's already out of the military?

If he is in the reserves still?
    Last edited by WannaBeTacMedic; 07-16-2010, 11:46 PM.

i guess it depends on whether they were mistakes or intentional omissions, if they were intentional, that is an integrity issue

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeTacMedic View Post
      I know these are two different things but have been reading about scenarios that dq people. Lets say you don't disclose certain things at MEPS and these are small things,(having a broken bone at age 7, etc) and once you are out of the military or home from deployment you disclose everything in your BI for a federal LE job. Maybe you saw a shrink at 12 because your mom died, didn't disclose at MEPS, but did with your BI. How does this affect a candidate?

If he's already out of the military?

If he is in the reserves still?
      Might want to go over your Army Core Values one more time.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Det.AllenPrice
        Also, as a personal aside, if I am sent to rescue someone, which, in our case, are ALWAYS in Hot Zones, or behind the lines insertions, you damn well better not have exaserbated a pre-existing condition or I'll take you out myself!
        TSgt.Price, USAF/USN, JSOCOM, PJ/87t-SEAL VI, 321ststSTS
        Combat Wounded/MOPH
        Well aren't you a happy soldier. Why not just treat and move on and worry about the small stuff later?
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

If you lied to get into the military, it will be an integrity issue for law enforcement. I think that's about the simplest answer you can receive here.
          Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
          - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
          MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
          Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
          Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
          Various Graduate Credits - UoP
          MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
          DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5981 users online. 322 members and 5659 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X