300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearm permit badge.......

Hello everyone. I have a quick question I want to ask. I did a search and could not find anything.

I just got my firearms permit in the mail today which was issued to me by the Mississippi Dept. of Public Safety (Mississippi Highway Patrol). My question concerns me having a badge to display that I do have a permit. Now before anyone says anything, yes I know I should conceal it so nobody can easily see I have a firearm and I am not trying to be a superhero or pretending to be a cop. The reason I want to get a badge which says “Mississippi Firearm Permit” on it is for 2 reasons. One, so in the event someone does see that I have a gun they will also see the badge and not worry. Two, in the unfortunate event I have to draw my weapon or use it in a self-defense situation, when the police are arriving on scene I would have something to immediately identify myself as not being the bad guy. I just wanted to check that there would be no problems in having a badge that says “Mississippi Firearm Permit” on it.

Thank you. Stay safe.

This has been answered a million times, learn to use the search function. With that said, go ahead and get one, you'll still be taken down at gunpoint.

Comment

Started to make a few batches of popcorn.....get them while it's hot

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ight=CCW+badge

Comment

I don't see the need for the badge. The weapon is supposed to remain concealed, negating the need for a badge. Just keep your permit on you like you're supposed to.
          Regarding the situation with having to use your weapon and then worrying about ID'ing yourself when the police arrive, the smart thing to do would be to either have it holstered by the time they arrive or ground the weapon (assuming there is no one else around who might try and grab the weapon) as soon as they arrive.
          Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
            Started to make a few batches of popcorn.....get them while it's hot
            Ill take some of that!!!!

Okay guys.... let 'er rip!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KW911 View Post
              Hello everyone. I have a quick question I want to ask. I did a search and could not find anything.

I just got my firearms permit in the mail today which was issued to me by the Mississippi Dept. of Public Safety (Mississippi Highway Patrol). My question concerns me having a badge to display that I do have a permit. Now before anyone says anything, yes I know I should conceal it so nobody can easily see I have a firearm and I am not trying to be a superhero or pretending to be a cop. The reason I want to get a badge which says “Mississippi Firearm Permit” on it is for 2 reasons. One, so in the event someone does see that I have a gun they will also see the badge and not worry. Two, in the unfortunate event I have to draw my weapon or use it in a self-defense situation, when the police are arriving on scene I would have something to immediately identify myself as not being the bad guy. I just wanted to check that there would be no problems in having a badge that says “Mississippi Firearm Permit” on it.

Thank you. Stay safe.
              Wannabe..... not gonna be.
              Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
              - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
              MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
              Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
              Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
              Various Graduate Credits - UoP
              MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
              DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

A badge is a symbol of authority. Keep the weapon concealed. Having a CCW badge will only make you look like a whacker and will not help you if you have to pull your gun.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Thank you. Stay safe.

funny...thats what is sounds like to me!

Comment

When the crap hits the fan, you're gonna get proned out anyway, concealed weapons badge or not, until responding officers satisfy themselves on their terms as to your true status.

Some time ago one of my guys was off duty and in plain clothes in a liquor store, when the clerk unknowingly bumped the silent robbery in progress alarm button.

When my officer came strolling out of the store with a six pack in his hand, he was met by three units with their guns drawn. The first thing out of his mouth was, "I'm an of duty cop. I'm armed." Their only reply was, "If you are really a cop, you'll understand why this is necessary. Now lay face down on the ground."

Like the others said, have your gun holstered or (if safe to do so) on the ground by the time officers arrive and be prepared to play the game their way. The badge is meaningless and will probably subject you to ridicule by the agency your dispatch for.
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thank you. Stay safe.
                      Taking aim and......fire all weapons!!!!!

You could put Official waffle taster on it for all I care. You having a badge is your attempt to impersonate LE. Especially if you are going to open carry with said badge displayed.

Having that stupid badge "on the scene" of shooting won't make things better but only land you a charge of impersonating police. Having that ****ing badge doesn't mean you should get involved with an active shooter. You have no skills or training in such an occurrence and would be a liability.

Just because you have "firearm permit badge" won't make me think you're NOT the bad guy. That fact that you have a weapon drawn and are shooting people is going to dictate what I think you are and the .0003 seconds that elapses after you refuse to drop the gun and decide to show that ****ing badge you will get about half a magazine in your chest.

STOP TRYING TO BE WANNA BE

In short you are going to have BIG problems, don't get it. Open carry in accordance with the law or go concealed.
                      Last edited by wirefire2; 10-21-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

From a practical point of view is not so much the shooting, but the criminal and civil litigation after the fact.

Attorney: "Mr. Kw911, are you a police officer? FBI agent? secrete Service Agent, Highway Patrolman? etc.?"

Mr. Kw911: "No."

Attorney: "So you have no legal authority, but yet when you shot my client, you were carrying a badge?"

Mr. Kw911: "Yes"

Attorney: "Did you announce yourself to my client, something like: "Concealed Carry Permitee" or something like that?"

Mr. Kw911: "No"

Attorney to jury: "He has a badge he doesn't need. He has a badge that holds no authority. He has a badge that he doesn't use to identify himself to my client before he egregiously shoots my client, who was of no threat to anyone and then he wants to hide behind a badge." He want to play cop and he injures my client. This is why you should award my client $100 million dollars in damages."

If, God forbid, you get into a shooting you want to come across as the meekest, most mild person that you can be and your were FORCED to shoot the bad guy. You didn't want to, but his actions FORCED you to.

If you come across as some wannabe, you will be bar-b-qued until you are done. It won't be fun nor anything like you see on TV.

Being set up like a combat commando will be bad for you. Be a good witness, not a hero.
                        Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

They serve no legitimate purpose except to let responding officers know you are a whacker. Its about two steps below having a security guard badge in an off duty badge wallet.

You know what lets us know you have a permit? Your permit.

Not some badge that anyone with the cash can buy and anyone without the cash can shoplift. I'm a good guy! I spent $25 for a badge!
                          I miss you, Dave.
                          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

There's not a veteran cop in this country that carries off duty concealed with his badge on his belt. That is retarded. Most guys that have their shyt together are trying not to look like cops off duty.

If they need to turn the switch on and handle something, they will deal with their on duty brothers when they make the scene.

They don't need no stinking badges.

Comment

...didn't read all the posts here....

The badge does nothing for you except attach a stigma you don't want. Be a responsible citizen with a legal cc weapon and be satisfied with that.
                              ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4203 users online. 183 members and 4020 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X