X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPSCop
    replied
    I'll be damned...

Official Compilation of Rules of the City of New York Title 19, Section 39-02(a)(3) - If any information that is required to be inserted in a notice of violation is omitted from the notice of violation, misdescribed, or illegible, the violation shall be dismissed upon application of the person charged with the violation.

What is required....

Official Compilation of Rules of the City of New York Title 19, Section 39-02(a)(1) The notice of violation (summons) shall be in such form as may be prescribed by the Director and shall contain the registration plate number, the type of registration, the state of registration, the date of expiration, a description of the vehicle, ageneral statement of the violation alleged, including a reference to section 4-08 of title 34of the official compilation of Rules of the City of New York or applicable provision of theVehicle and Traffic Law or of the Administrative Code of the City of New York or any other law or rule, information as to the days and hours the applicable rule or provision is ineffect, unless always in effect pursuant to the rule or provision and where appropriate theword "all" when the days and/or hours in effect are every day and/or twenty-hour hours aday, the date, time and place of occurrence, and, if a meter violation, the meter number.

Go here and see for yourself: www.nyc.gov/html/dof/html/pdf/04pdf/parking_rules39.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    If I eat bacon with my eggs for breakfast will that dismiss me from any further criminal charges?

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Ticket goes in NY. parking agents have handheld computer devices that basically print a parking ticket that is a check the correct box ticket. Check grey when the reg says silver, ticket is NG.

Leave a comment:

• District B 13
    replied
    Good luck with that. Gray and Silver are too close. Ticket stays.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    He is a retired Lieutenant. He is allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    No....color on registration comes from docs provided by manufacturer to dealer to DMV. Change of color must be registered with DMV. one digit off on license plate can invalidate the ticket. This is for parkers only.

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• juicesnn4e2
    replied
    so he can paint his car and beat the ticket... intersting

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Parking tickets in NY must be factually accurate on their face, which is why most parkers in NYC are drafted on handheld computer devices. If the ticket plainly says grey and your registration says silver then your argument is that the agent wrote the ticket on the wrong vehicle. Should be dismissed.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    "stellar", not "stellare"...sorry, (my friends taught me how to spell)

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    I bet the same friends advised you that if you REFUSE to take all tests, then you WONT be arrested for DUI!!! HA!!!
    I love taking them to jail and asking them how that stellare legal advice worked out for them!

Oh, and NO, it wont get dismissed...just pay the fine and put another quarter in the meter next time

Leave a comment:

• Blue Breed
    replied
    Its a parking ticket numbnuts pay and get over it. Next time I bet you wont forget to bring more quarters!!

Leave a comment:

• LAChief
    replied
    Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
    I have heard...yada,yada,yada
    Are these the same "friends" that told you that if you put a penny in your mouth you can defeat the DWI(DUI) Intoxilyzer test?

Leave a comment:

• JKralC104
    replied
    wow, because gray and silver are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far on opposite ends of the color spectrum.

Tool.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Just throw the ticket in the garbage. That mistake automatically voids any tickets you may get in the future, also.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5503 users online. 299 members and 5204 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X