300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong info on a parking ticket

I have heard that if you receive a parking ticket and the car description is wrong year/model/make/color/vin if you plea not guilty they have to dismiss it. I received a parking ticket in nyc after the toll I paid for expired and he put on the ticket that my car is gray while it is silver is that good enough to get my parking ticket dismissed?

Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
    I have heard that if you receive a parking ticket and the car description is wrong year/model/make/color/vin if you plea not guilty they have to dismiss it. I received a parking ticket in nyc after the toll I paid for expired and he put on the ticket that my car is gray while it is silver is that good enough to get my parking ticket dismissed?
    Probably not. And..............Be very careful with,"I have heard". The guy you heard it from isn't likely to be around to help you when something goes South.

Comment

I doubt you would get something minor like that dismissed.

Say if the Officer had the wrong date of the offense, then maybe.

Comment

I don't believe it but it is what it is...
        Last edited by NPSCop; 10-23-2009, 07:49 AM. Reason: I am an idiot

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/
          Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Just throw the ticket in the garbage. That mistake automatically voids any tickets you may get in the future, also.

Comment

wow, because gray and silver are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far on opposite ends of the color spectrum.

Tool.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
                I have heard...yada,yada,yada
                Are these the same "friends" that told you that if you put a penny in your mouth you can defeat the DWI(DUI) Intoxilyzer test?

Comment

Its a parking ticket numbnuts pay and get over it. Next time I bet you wont forget to bring more quarters!!

Comment

I bet the same friends advised you that if you REFUSE to take all tests, then you WONT be arrested for DUI!!! HA!!!
                    I love taking them to jail and asking them how that stellare legal advice worked out for them!

Oh, and NO, it wont get dismissed...just pay the fine and put another quarter in the meter next time
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

"stellar", not "stellare"...sorry, (my friends taught me how to spell)
                      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Parking tickets in NY must be factually accurate on their face, which is why most parkers in NYC are drafted on handheld computer devices. If the ticket plainly says grey and your registration says silver then your argument is that the agent wrote the ticket on the wrong vehicle. Should be dismissed.

Comment

so he can paint his car and beat the ticket... intersting

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/
                            Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

No....color on registration comes from docs provided by manufacturer to dealer to DMV. Change of color must be registered with DMV. one digit off on license plate can invalidate the ticket. This is for parkers only.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3574 users online. 168 members and 3406 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X