Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any agencies use the Grand Marquis for regular duty?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any agencies use the Grand Marquis for regular duty?

I've heard of some agencies using Mercury Marauders, but do any use the Mercury Grand Marquis for either marked or unmarked cars? I've seen MGMs used as cop cars on TV shows and movies, but that might be due to low budgets.

Are you really a British Dentist? If so, why aren't you practicing in Great Britain? Just curious.

Comment

The Crown Vics and Mercury vechiles are one in the same, esentially. A mercury vehicle would not be used due to low budgets as they are more in price than the Ford is. TV shows and movies are just that, TV shows and movies.

Comment

Are you really a British Dentist? If so, why aren't you practicing in Great Britain? Just curious.
        No, it's just a joke. Brits are notorious for bad teeth.

Comment

The Federal Reserve Police seem to be in love with Mercury's. They use both the Mercury Grand Marquis and the Mercury Mountaineer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Originally posted by britishdentist View Post
            No, it's just a joke. Brits are notorious for bad teeth.
            Okay, Yeah, I've heard that too.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/
              Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM.

Comment

deleted........

Comment

While the Lincoln Towncar, Mercury Marquis, and Ford Crown Vic all share the Panther platform and basic drivetrain, only the CV is available with the police package.

The Grand Marquis and Towncar do come with nicer interiors, though.

How sweet would a Towncar patrol car be? Its even got air ride in the back already to level you guys with vaults in the trunk out easier...
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                    While the Lincoln Towncar, Mercury Marquis, and Ford Crown Vic all share the Panther platform and basic drivetrain, only the CV is available with the police package.

The Grand Marquis and Towncar do come with nicer interiors, though.

How sweet would a Towncar patrol car be? Its even got air ride in the back already to level you guys with vaults in the trunk out easier...
                    Apparently Dearborn Michigan PD had a bunch of Town Cars when air bags first came out. My Uncle worked for Ford and tells me that there had not been enough crashes with the cars to get reliable data back about the air bags. They needed more on the road and figured the higher risk driving of the PD would account for more wrecks. They sold the PD a bunch of Town Cars for a buck a piece. I was told they were tricked out with all the options so that the data they got was from cars as they were likely to be equiped.
                    There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men. - Edmund Burke

Comment

Funny...I would have said I had never seen a MGM as a patrol car. Then this morning I dropped my kid off at school and happened to see that the one-man school ISD department drives one. He was directing traffic and had it parked in the turn lane. I had always thought it was a CV before.

Maybe someday I'll get that job. ROD, takehome, no police boss....
                      If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Departments can use whatever car they want.

Comment

A local department here has a couple Grand Marquis. They also have what we call a "Fercury." Due to a couple of accidents they put together they front end of a Crown Vic and the rear end of a Grand Marquis.
                          Did you ever notice that incorrectly is only spelled correctly when it's spelled incorrectly?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6256 users online. 369 members and 5887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X