300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevonN09 View Post
    Ok, so the fact that my county doesn't have anything to do DB reading means that they can say whatever they want? Called the sherriff station police station and state highway patrol station... none can say that they have anything to measure the loudness of my exhaust henceforth HOW CAN HE TELL ME MY EXHAUST IS TOO LOUD WHEN HE CANT EVEN PROVE IT!

Man, don't believe all these low-life COPS on here.

We all know that they're just a bunch if ignorant people who are only COPS because they can't get any other kind of job. Hell, even garbage collectors and shoe salesmen have more common sense than a dumb-*** COP.

Hell, I'm surprised that any of them are smart enough to type real words on this forum.

Take the ticket to court, get it dismissed (shouldn't be hard), and then sue the heck out of the COP, AND his department. You can probably get him fired (shouldn't be too hard either). After all, he isn't real smart to start with. He's only a dumb COP. (You can maybe make a few bucks off the deal, too.)

That'll be one less COP you'll have to be harassed by.

Oh, and by the way, next time you come onto a COP forum, try to bring a little respect with you. We aren't COPS! We are POLICE OFFICERS, DEPUTIES, TROOPERS, etc. We are PROFESSIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. We aren't COPS!

GET IT?

You're in OUR house here. You bring respect, you'll be treated with respect. Same as on the street.

Now go pay your ticket and grow the hell up.

(Rant finished!)

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
    "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

cajun....well said
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Terrific post, Cajun.

Comment

Ok, I have been pulled over by this one cop in my town 2 times now for loud exhaust. The first time I understood the reason for it, because it was too loud at that time. The second time I had the same exhaust on my car but I was only doing 24-25 mph in a 25 zone and he pulled me over for the same excuse and I got caught with a few things. This is the only cop that has every pulled me over for this reason, I have talked to a few other officers and they said it was a BS reason really. Anyways I know for a fact that my exhaust was not loud the 2nd time he pulled me over because I did the same thing to a group of friends and they said it was not loud at all. I did the same thing again with my father and he said that it was not loud at all again. This cop has had it out for me, everyone in the town does not like him at all because he writes so many tickets. My question is can he do this just for the hell of it or can I fight it and get my charges dropped for what he caught me with since it was a BS reason. (Also he followed me all the way down this road for about a mile before he finally pulled me over for it when i was doing the same speed/loudness the whole way!!!) Thank you.
          Its not BS, he cited you for it the first time. You didn't fix it so you got cited again. Do you think just because you get cited for speeding that you get to speed all you want because you already got caught once?

The cop followed you to see if you still had the loud exhaust and obviously since you still do you got cited again. And by the way, you don't need to be speeding to be stopped for something else. Quit trying to shift blame and BE A MAN and take some ownership.

Ohio Revised Code

4513.221 Local regulation of passenger car and motorcycle noise.

(A) The board of county commissioners of any county, and the board of township trustees of any township subject to section 505.17 of the Revised Code, may regulate passenger car and motorcycle noise on streets and highways under their jurisdiction. Such regulations shall include maximum permissible noise limits measured in decibels, subject to the requirements of this section.

(B) Regulations establishing maximum permissible noise limits measured in decibels shall prohibit the operation, within the speed limits specified herein, of a passenger car or motorcycle of a type subject to registration at any time or under any condition of load, acceleration, or deceleration in such manner as to exceed the following maximum noise limits, based on a distance of not less than fifty feet from the center of the line of travel:

(1) For passenger cars:

(a) When operated at a speed of thirty-five miles per hour or less, a maximum noise limit of seventy decibels;

(b) When operated at a speed of more than thirty-five miles per hour, a maximum noise limit of seventy-nine decibels.

================

Just so you know, a vacuum cleaner is about 70 decibels. Most people describe 70 db as annoyingly loud.

Sources:
          Noise comparisons

Traffic Law

Comment

Ok, so the fact that my county doesn't have anything to do DB reading means that they can say whatever they want? Called the sherriff station police station and state highway patrol station... none can say that they have anything to measure the loudness of my exhaust henceforth HOW CAN HE TELL ME MY EXHAUST IS TOO LOUD WHEN HE CANT EVEN PROVE IT!
            I quoted and linked to you the Ohio Revised Code regarding loud exhaust. If you don't like it, get involved with your legislative process and have it changed.
            Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
              Man, don't believe all these low-life COPS on here.

We all know that they're just a bunch if ignorant people who are only COPS because they can't get any other kind of job. Hell, even garbage collectors and shoe salesmen have more common sense than a dumb-*** COP.

Hell, I'm surprised that any of them are smart enough to type real words on this forum.

Take the ticket to court, get it dismissed (shouldn't be hard), and then sue the heck out of the COP, AND his department. You can probably get him fired (shouldn't be too hard either). After all, he isn't real smart to start with. He's only a dumb COP. (You can maybe make a few bucks off the deal, too.)

That'll be one less COP you'll have to be harassed by.

Oh, and by the way, next time you come onto a COP forum, try to bring a little respect with you. We aren't COPS! We are POLICE OFFICERS, DEPUTIES, TROOPERS, etc. We are PROFESSIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. We aren't COPS!

GET IT?

You're in OUR house here. You bring respect, you'll be treated with respect. Same as on the street.

Now go pay your ticket and grow the hell up.

(Rant finished!)

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a cop. I don't take anything negative from that word. It's just a name, and I'm not so thin-skinned that I can't handle a name. It's kind of like how it's considered disrespectful to call a stewardess a stewardess instead of a flight attendant.
              "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

Devon,

I spoke to the cop who cited you. I hate him too. He's a big meany and scary and a liar. I told him that you snitched him off to this forum and he's really, really, really sorry for the bs ticket and promises that he'll never bother you again. He suggested going to traffic court since he always loses there and you'll get the ticket dismissed. Promise.
                Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mooseyard View Post
                  I don't know about you guys, but I'm a cop. I don't take anything negative from that word. It's just a name, and I'm not so thin-skinned that I can't handle a name. It's kind of like how it's considered disrespectful to call a stewardess a stewardess instead of a flight attendant.
                  I'm not "thin-skinned" either, Moose. Far from it.

It just jerks my chain (and apparently a lot of other COPS on this and several other LE forums I belong to), to have these cry-babys come onto a COP forum and look for justification from COPS for their own screw-ups.

Basically I can handle being called just about anything. I've learned to not be "thin-skinned" about stuff like that with forty years under my belt wearing a badge.

Been there - done that. But like I said in my post - you bring respect into my house, and you'll get respect.

Or like I often tell people, call me anything you want to. Just don't call me late for payday or for lunch.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                  "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Ryan I think something fell out of your pants on the way out the door can you come retrieve it please................FOAD
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

So wait you mean the "COP" used a minor Violation to conduct a traffic stop then he found evidence of criminal activity? Yep H'es picking on you I'm sure of it!

While you are googling "Henceforth" let me give you another term to google it's called "CRIMINAL PROFILING"

Comment

Wow, when I give a ticket for an equipment violation, if the violation isn't fixed by the next time I see the car, it gets another ticket.

Comment

You have all done a good job at replying to his whining. I have nothing further to add...
                          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

henceforth HOW CAN HE TELL ME MY EXHAUST IS TOO LOUD WHEN HE CANT EVEN PROVE IT!
                              You weren't doing too bad of a job in bringing your concern and question to the forum......till that little tantrum. Or maybe it's just me.

Comment

I don't know, my guys know who all the criminals are, so when they see them driving, they automatically get pulled over (suspended license, 4th Amendment waivers, etc). They call in complaining they keepm getting arrested by the same guys...

Same thing.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5123 users online. 280 members and 4843 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X