X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StylesBeyond
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2009

Cruiser question!

Hi officers. I wanted to get a little insight from you guys on the type of police cruiser everyone drives. Seems like every day I see more and more NEW cruisers out there, most of which are "undercover" here in Florida.

So far, here are the ones that I've seen:

Dodge Charger (undercover)
    Dodge Magnum (undercover and regular)
    Jeep Cherokee (undercover)
    Chevy Impala (undercover)
    Ford Crown Vic (undercover and regular)
    Chevy Malibu (undercover)

So I guess my question is: What type of cruiser do you have and also, what is your favorite?

Thanks guys!
  • RDEP
    Certified Troll Sprayer
    • Jul 2009

2009 Chevy Impala marked patrol unit.

Let me just point this out. If it were an "undercover" car, you wouldn't have a clue that it belonged to the police. It is an UNMARKED car.
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

• DCPSDcop
      Series 0083
      • Mar 2008

I think you have UNDERCOVER and UNMARKED confused.

You wouldn't know an UNDERCOVER police car because it would be devoid of emergency lighting and certainly wouldn't be registered to the police department.

An UNMARKED police car (which is probably what you're talking about) is simply a police car without graphics and usually with it's emergency lighting all on the inside the car.

I drive an unmarked 2008 Chevrolet Impala.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

• Smurfette_76
        Verbal Sniper
        • Jan 2007

I drive an unmarked CV. My husband drives an undercover. I'd prefer his.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

• LAChief
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2009

Marked 2008 Chev Tahoe and yes, it is fast...

Comment

• NYCDep
            S*** just got real!
            • Jun 2007

Unmarked CV.

NYPD recently got some marked Nissan Altimas(hybrid) they are testing out. You can add those to your list.

“Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

• leesrt
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by NYCDep
              Unmarked CV.

NYPD recently got some marked Nissan Altimas(hybrid) they are testing out. You can add those to your list.

A hybrid police vehicle? I just threw up in my mouth a little..

To the origional poster, why do you want to know this?
              Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

• Unit453
                Cant keep it under 100...
                • Dec 2007

09 CVPI. Formerly had an 07 9C1 Impala.

Comment

• PtlCop
                  OH NO IT'S FIVE-O!
                  • Apr 2009

09 Dodge Charger, unmarked.
                  Originally posted by K40
                  To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                  ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

• StylesBeyond
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2009

Yea, you're right. I confused "undercover" and "unmarked."

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

And to the person who asked me, I'm only asking out of curiosity. A while back I used to make custom equipment for police cruisers, and since then have always been into the design and features behind police cars.

The biggest thing I ever offered to the police force was lightbar control on the steering wheel. You could control your lights and siren with just your thumbs and without moving your hands. I did the mach up on an older Ford Crown Vic, but it was never officially accepted by the department I did it for.

Comment

• R.A.B.
                      • Dec 2008

CVPI, and CVPI
                      " I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA!"

Comment

• leesrt
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by StylesBeyond
                        Yea, you're right. I confused "undercover" and "unmarked."

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

And to the person who asked me, I'm only asking out of curiosity. A while back I used to make custom equipment for police cruisers, and since then have always been into the design and features behind police cars.

The biggest thing I ever offered to the police force was lightbar control on the steering wheel. You could control your lights and siren with just your thumbs and without moving your hands. I did the mach up on an older Ford Crown Vic, but it was never officially accepted by the department I did it for.
                        In that case, 07 CVPI now, 09 Black Charger on order.
                        Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

• FireCop604
                          "Livin' the dream..."
                          • Aug 2007

03 unmarked Malibu. It sucks and is completely inappropriate for my job function as an arson / explosives investigator. That whole 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag thing.

Give me an unmarked F250 Scab, short bed with a contractor's cap and a roll-out bed tray with cabinetry, window tint, and MDC. But it will never happen because it makes too much sense and costs too many cents.
                          "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people f@ck, then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Comment

• StylesBeyond
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by FireCop604
                            03 unmarked Malibu. It sucks and is completely inappropriate for my job function as an arson / explosives investigator. That whole 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag thing.

Give me an unmarked F250 Scab, short bed with a contractor's cap and a roll-out bed tray with cabinetry, window tint, and MDC. But it will never happen because it makes too much sense and costs too many cents.

Haha, I totally agree. Malibu's are GARBAGE. Even for civilian use.

Comment

• furetto7
                              Galloglaich
                              • Jul 2003

With the exception of the Chief, we all drive marked CVPI's. Chief drives a marked, dark blue '08 Expedition. The Chief is pushing to replace all of the CVPI's with the two wheel drive pursuit rated Chevy Tahoe.
                              never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12116 users online. 74 members and 12042 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...