Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big of an impact does being in the Armed Forces have to becoming a trooper?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big of an impact does being in the Armed Forces have to becoming a trooper?

Im thinking about talking to a recruiter for the Air National Guard to become a MP. How big of an impact on the applications and an impact on my chances in being offered a position as a Trooper if I did become an MP?

Sorry I guess this should be under the Military section eh? I am a horses ***.

Comment

No, its a "crystal ball" question.

We cant see the future for you lol

Comment

It depends on how you perform in the military. Being an MP won't help... You could join up and learn a technical skill and it would look the same.

Do you have any college? More and more departments are requiring at least some college credits in order to even be considered. Also keep in mind that these departments do allow military service as a substitute, however it must be active duty. Not reserve status.

-SC
        Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
        - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
        MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
        Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
        Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
        Various Graduate Credits - UoP
        MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
        DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Yeah I am attending the local college for criminal justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn58 View Post
            Yeah I am attending the local college for criminal justice.
            Focus on school. If you need some extra cash, go join the reserves. Just don't get caught up in trying to boost your resume with "LE" experience, because in this day and age, MP's don't do as much patrolling as the recruiters will lead you to believe.
            Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
            - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
            MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
            Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
            Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
            Various Graduate Credits - UoP
            MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
            DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Alright well I am still going to look into it but Im going to go through everything tooth and nail. This isnt something you just go and sign away on based off of what 1 person tells you, esp. if that one person is the person that gets higher stats based off of how many people they get to join.

Comment

Quinn, enlisting in the Armed Forces is your call. While the Service can provide you with excellent training, teach you team work and discipline, you'll still need to compete, as in test well, in the hiring process. Some states(Alabama included) allow Veteran's Preference Points on the written exam. This is usually five points, and is awarded to Honorably Discharged Veterans.With regard to Military Service, your MOS, or the job you do while in service, is not nearly as important as the Honorable Discharge awarded at the end of your enlistment. Stated another way, you could be a cook or a mechanic. What will count is that Discharge.

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking Phil, that it'll whip me into shape quicker and teach me discipline. Its not an easy call whether its going into the Navy, Army or National Guard either way its a full on commitment not only to yourself but your country. I deff. have to do more thinking about it. But I deff get what you are saying about the Discharge points and that sort of thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3213 users online. 179 members and 3034 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X