300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Traffic Act Ambiguities

I am a resident of Ontario and have recently bought a sport bike which I plan to be driving mostly at in the evenings. I love the freedom that comes with the bike and I trust myself on the bike, but I would like to aid other drivers in making my rides more pleasurable by adding some visibility to myself. I tried looking up what is legal and illegal as far as adding extra light while driving (not interested in parking lot lights) in the HTA but found the wording did not answer many of my questions. From what I have heard as hearsay from others, the only point that remains consistent between them is that you cannot have red light pointing anywhere but backwards. I have heard blue light is fine so long as it is not flashing, I have heard others say that blue in general you cannot use because you can be charged as impersonating a police officer so it is better to use green. I have also heard that amber and white are the only lights you can use.

Basically my question is, in Ontario specifically, what can I legally NOT do as far as adding extra light around the body of my bike to make it glow enough that more drivers will notice me.

Thank you,

cfunk86, best to contact your local Municipal PS, OPP Detachment or MTO office. There are some us Canadian LEO / PO on here, and some do work in Ontario, but they may not always visit here. If you PM me, I can send you a website to check out.
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5737 users online. 308 members and 5429 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X