300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello new with a question

Let me start off by saying hello to everyone, i hope to find alot of good information from this forum.

Here is my question. I been thinking about becoming a police officer. When I was 18 I got into a regular arrgument then a fight with someone. He ended up pressing charges on me. I never got arrested physically, I guess ypu would call it a written arrest. After it was all said and done I got adj withheld with a misdemeanour "assualt or battery." I did my 6 months probation, my 100 hours and then expunged my record. I am now 23 and haven't gotten into any trouble again. I live in miami dade. Is this going to be a problem getting a job in this field? I had no problem getting a concealed weopons permit but I know for a police job they do a deeper search. Thanks in advanced.

Needless to say its not going to help you get into law enforcement. Also nothing is ever "expunged" from a background investigation in law enforcement. Be honest and up front thats the only thing you can do.

Comment

The "arrest" will have to be disclosed, along with all pertinent facts related to it. As has been very correctly noted, there is no such thing as an "Expungement" in a Police Background Investigation. The arrest (and it was an arrest) will be evaluated by any agency you apply to. It will be judged according to that Department's established standards.

Comment

Thanks. Now do you think they will atleast give me the chance to explain what happened? Or will I probably not even get a call back? Also in the application if it ask me if i've ever been arrested what would I put?

Comment

You will have an area or a meeting to go into depth of the charges. That is why detail is pertinent in the applicaton packet and background packet.

Comment

Sucks being young and stupid. Comes back to bite you in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Turb0wned View Post
              Thanks. Now do you think they will atleast give me the chance to explain what happened? Or will I probably not even get a call back? Also in the application if it ask me if i've ever been arrested what would I put?
              (X) Yes
              The rest will depend on the LEA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5443 users online. 297 members and 5146 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X