300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trooper Alternate Route Program?

I know of the Alternate Route program that many agencies offer for their officers, but is there such thing with Trooper Academies?

If I understand your question correctly, the answer would be "No". The Alabama Department of Public Safety would require you to complete a twenty six week Academy, followed by a ten week FTO Program when you report to your assigned Highway Patrol Troop.

Comment

So in order to become a trooper you need to pass the exams then have the troop or agency pay for you to go through the academy?

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn58 View Post
        So in order to become a trooper you need to pass the exams then have the troop or agency pay for you to go through the academy?
        In Alabama, and I believe this is fairly typical, you're initial appointment is as a Recruit Trooper. Your paid at the approved rate for this classification, and you will have full Hospitalization/Health Insurance. Successful completion of the Academy and FTO are both conditions of continued employment. State Merit System(Civil Service) Regulations call for you to be in Probationary status during this training. Thus, you can, and will be terminated should you fail to pass, either the Academy, or the subsequent FTO Program. In short, not only does the State pay for you to go to the Academy, it pays you while you're there. Additionally, we feed you, cloth you, and give you a place to stay (barracks).

Comment

I believe Texas DPS is now implementing a secondary academy, but only if you already hold a valid TCLEOSE License with 2 years of service and Intermediate Proficency. You can go to a 10 week academy, but your choice of stations is limited to the Texas-Mexico border.
          sigpic
          Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Alternate route is a NJ thing. You can not go alternate route than NJSP. You would need to attend the NJSP academy.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5354 users online. 294 members and 5060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X