300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Situational Quation

Say you are instructed to work a cross-walk at an elementary school. School is out and there are kids all around. All of the sudden a car/driver that fits the description of an armed robbery speeds by. What do you do?

My first instinct would be to call for backup and give the dispatcher the description of the vehicle and the direction and street in which the car was going. But say no backup was immediately available, is it okay to leave your post?

Of course there is the safety of the children to consider but this guy was suspected of armed robbery so he is very dangerous as well. And when I say "leave your post" I'm assuming that there are parents and teachers to watch the children.
    Last edited by 469881Q; 10-14-2009, 02:38 PM.

I would give a report of the direction of travel and any other information I noticed. You were assigned to work that particular area for a reason. Best to be a witness here.
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Answer above pretty well sums it up. The death of a child in an unmonitored crosswalk might cast a bit of a shadow on an otherwise good robbery catch.
      "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman"

Comment

Thank you for the responses, I appreciate it.

Comment

Yeah lets see, I guy who is suspected in a robery...could even be his friend driving his car and he's not even in it...or hundreds of kids who could be hit by traffic...I call it in and give the direction of travel and ask to verify the plate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4933 users online. 290 members and 4643 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X