300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois criminal felony will it ever catch up with him

I found out that my ex has an open criminal felony case (not turning himself in for 180 day plea agreement jail sentence) in Henry County Illinois in 2007. It was originally for aggravated DUI (driving on suspended) 4th time and several traffic tickets. They made a plea with him to spend 180 days in county jail. He fled to Arkansas before turning himself in. Since being in Arkansas he has been arrested several times but the illinois warrant does not show up. It shows the open felony case even on vinelink.

My question is did he just get off scott free on this? Doesn't seem fair that others have to pay for their crime and he can just run.

No! It will eventually get into the system. Most of it depends on how fast the IL authorities want to get it there. You can certainly be helpful by contacted the court of record, the District Attorney's office, the probation department or whomever and tell them where he is living. That will generally start the ball rolling.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

One other question will IL extradite? I know it sounds silly, but some jurisdictions will not unless they are arrested inside the state, they simply do not have the resources to go pick the subject up outside the state.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I doubt they're going to pay for extradition on a DUI warrant. Yes, it's a felony but if he ever comes to IL he'll catch hell if law enforcement gets a hold of him. Or if someone alerts his presence to LE.

Also, the Aggravated DUI is a class 4 felony. That is the lowest felony on the books and is only worth a short amount of time in jail.

"730 ILCS 5/5-8-1(a)(7) provides that the term of incarceration for a Class 4 felony is ordinarily between one and three years."
        Last edited by wirefire2; 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much for the assistance. I really appreciate you taking the time. Would he be considered a fugitive felon? He is applying for disability and food stamps and I believe they both have a rule against giving out benefits for fugitive felons.

Comment

Originally posted by SPSII View Post
            Thank you so much for the assistance. I really appreciate you taking the time. Would he be considered a fugitive felon? He is applying for disability and food stamps and I believe they both have a rule against giving out benefits for fugitive felons.
            Two seperate sets of rules here. If he's applying for those benefits, and swears, affirms. states, he is not a fugitive/felon, that would constitute a seperate offense. It would be prosecutable under Federal Law, and at the very least, could result in a denial of benefits, or a termination of benefits, once granted. I'm not 100% certain of the applicable Federal Law here, but possibly one of my Federal colleagues could provide you with more information.

Comment

Probably outside the pickup radius, so the warrant doesn't matter.

Comment

He's not going to be getting a driver's license, due to his failure to appear (FTA) and previous DUI convictions/suspensions. In a perfect world, if/when he's caught behind the wheel of a car, he's going to be cited (at the very least), his car impounded (medium hit), or arrested & jailed (maximum hit).

He'd be better off, in the long run, going back to IL to turn himself in. Besides, with all the $$$ troubles states have these days, how long can IL really want to hold him?
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

A lot will depend on whether IL enters the warrant/FTA into the national system....AND whether they are going to be willing to extradite from wherever he ends up getting caught.
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

He is approximatly 670 miles away from Cambridge, IL where he is wanted. Henry County only has a population of 51,000 so not sure if it would even be in their budget to extradite or even put him in the system.

Comment

I would bet Extradition is the main reason he is not already in custody and back.

I'm almost positive he is in NCIC and has had contact with the police where he is at but the PD can't arrest because your state won't come get him.

This happens all the time around here and I am frustrated when I have a hit and have to let a guy go because of a state line but it is what it is.

G-man
                      1*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3280 users online. 167 members and 3113 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X