Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I've never understood is this whole thing with people dumping their friends over time and eventually hanging out with pretty much nothing but other officers. I don't hang out with anyone from the department while I'm off duty, at least not on a regular basis. My wife and I may do something with another couple every great once in a while, but we spend most of our time hanging out with the same people we've always hung out with.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by 5031OKC View Post
      One thing I've never understood is this whole thing with people dumping their friends over time and eventually hanging out with pretty much nothing but other officers. I don't hang out with anyone from the department while I'm off duty, at least not on a regular basis. My wife and I may do something with another couple every great once in a while, but we spend most of our time hanging out with the same people we've always hung out with.
      It will be interesting to see how that plays out. My husband has never been one to hang out with people from work. Afterall, he is with them all day. However, I think in this career, it may be different. I would think police officers have more of a connection with the people they work with than most other jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
        Blackhorse is on the dang money.

Be supportive, but not prying.

Allow for decompression after a tour.

Listen, allow him to vent on occasion.

Pursue hobbies that have zip to do w/LE, but that strengthen your bond.

Know that at first, he will center his very existence around the job. You, need to keep him centered, and guide his focus back on your family.

DO NOT jst be some arm candy. You have a say on what does or does not happen in your marriage, no matter what the job says. Family first.

This is all great advice! Thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3783 users online. 254 members and 3529 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X