300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POV vehicle use

I see a lot of crown vics and impalas around that are unmarked but obviously police cars with all the light bars, spotlight, etc on them. A lot of them do not have Gov't tags on them though. They just have a regular tag like a regular POV. The way they were set up, it was obvious they weren't under cover cars. Just wondering why they wouldn't have a Government tag if it was a police car and if some police officers buy their own CV's and put all the lights on them?

A) In Texas, unless specifically authorized, unmarkeds are not supposed to have Exempt tags.

B) Some do, I use my personal car when I do my Constable duties (full time Police Officer, but work for a friend of mine that's a Constable). Of course, my POV has Red/Blues, Siren, and Texas Constable tags.
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

I have no idea...why you would want to drive around in a police vehicle off-duty.

Comment

I have a flat black Charger with dark tinted windows and no markings. It's got regular passenger car plates because well...it's not supposed to look like a police car, and having a big badge on the plate kind of gives it away. I do normal patrol work (so i'm not a traffic car), it's just the car they gave me. Most of the traffic cars here, or undercover state cars don't have police plates on them, they're all passenger car plates. Makes it that much more likely that a person is going to do something stupid around you because they don't think you're a cop.

I don't know how many people have done crimes RIGHT in front of my car because they think its just a black charger. Then when the red and blues come on they freak out.
        Originally posted by K40
        To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
        ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Here in DC (and most big cities for that matter), where take home cars are very sparse, it is not uncommon for police officers to have lights and sirens in their POV's. There are multiple reasons for this, from working Off-Duty Details to having the ability to respond back to your duty station during a major emergency when a recall is in effect and everyone else is evacuating the city.

I think the ones that buy the Crown Vics and Impala's and outfit them better than their patrol car, are just big whackers though.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
            Here in DC (and most big cities for that matter), where take home cars are very sparse, it is not uncommon for police officers to have lights and sirens in their POV's....
            That's allowed?!

Comment

Originally posted by flash40 View Post
              That's allowed?!
              Huh???????

Im driving an unmarked Impala tonight, with regular tags, that don't come back.

Comment

My CV has regular tags, not government on them. My husbands ride has regular tags.
                sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I think Flash's confusion was that officers had lights in their POVs. I cant see anything wrong with a dual deck stroke or small led strip. enough to get you to the scene/station, or god forbid, help you out if you'e on scene at an MVA or something/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3763 users online. 200 members and 3563 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X