300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Duty Eats.

When on patrol, what do you guys normally eat? I hear that police officers eat some of the worst "on the go" food there is such as fast food and stuff like that but now 24 hour places (Quikcheck) offer really good subs made to order. But anyway, what do you guys normally eat while on the go?

Originally posted by Quinn58 View Post
    When on patrol, what do you guys normally eat? I hear that police officers eat some of the worst "on the go" food there is such as fast food and stuff like that but now 24 hour places (Quikcheck) offer really good subs made to order. But anyway, what do you guys normally eat while on the go?
    Usually Denny's or IHop, not much else open at 3 am

Comment

Powerbars. The only thing around my area is a small gas station that doesn't make food. I generally don't eat much on night shift. Or I bring dinner.

Comment

I eat at my house.... nearest restaraunt is 2 1/2 hours away... :-p
        Matt

Comment

I bring mine. Its rare to actually get a lunch break. I eat between calls or while on the way to the next CFS.
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

We have two truck stops. One has traditional truck stop food, as in the kind of stuff that cardiologists love because it gives them job security. The other truck stop is a Love's with a Subway.

We usually eat at the first stop because it's slower, quieter, and most of us don't really like Subway. If one of us gets an opportunity to go to the counties next to us (22 mi to one, 15 mi to the other), we usually get something from one of the places over there. Whataburger does sound good right about now.
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

I usually bring food from home and microwave it at the substation. I used to always eat out, but now it's maybe once a week. There is a pretty decent Hawaiian restaurant in my beat, and the best sub shop in the county is between HQ and the beat.

I always have a quart thermos of milk to drink with lunch, and bring snacks. Snacks are fruit, beef jerky and nuts. I have gotten pretty good about staying away from junk food - one day I just didn't want to eat it anymore.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                There is a pretty decent Hawaiian restaurant in my beat.
                What the hell is that...?

Comment

I always ate at Subway, Chipolte, Moe's, Quizno's, or some place that I could see them making my stuff.......

If I had to, I would go to one of the local diners that didn't have the parolee or felon cooking for them.......and hope for the best.

I had guys that I worked with that would roll through the Fast Food joints getting half-priced food.....and wonder why it was half-priced.....

Comment

I either bring food or go home to eat. IF I don't do either, and don't have the cash to graze out of the vending machine, I go to Subway for the same reason as Bearcat357.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenners View Post
                      I go to Subway for the same reason as Bearcat357.
                      I had buddies that would be on their deathbeds after eating Mickey D's......half price....and wonder what was wrong with them...as they pulled through a drive-through in a squad car.......

Comment

Eat at home, and if its to busy to spend 30 minutes at home grab pre-made sandwichs at local truck stop. After 10 PM nearest restaurants/fast food is hour away.

lots of coffee and power drinks! and drink tons of water
                        "What the problem is?"

Comment

I eat at home because the local restaurant closes at 4:00 p.m.

Comment

I like to bring food..the only thing we have open 24/7 is a CVS Pharmacy, and frozen pizza gets old.
                            summer - winter - work

Comment

Depends. I'll go to the Subway, Wendy's, or the like maybe once a week. I usually will bring my food. One of our officers' owns a very, very good japanese restaurant with his brother and his wife....we'll go there. One of the Sheriff's Deputies is married to the owner of a small "mom and pop" type bed/breakfast with a great kitchen and she'll feed us for free as long as we run warrant checks on tenants.

Other than that i'll bring my lunch at eat at the station or meet some of the other guys at a park and we'll eat there and complain about work.
                              Originally posted by K40
                              To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                              ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5215 users online. 292 members and 4923 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X