Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-NYPD Recruit Attending NYPD Academy

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone here has attended the NYPD academy but was not an NYPD recruit. For example, the MTA PD and Amtrak PD send their recruits to the NYPD academy (Amtrak only if they live in NY). What was the experience like? Do you wear the same greys like the NYPD recruits? Do they participate in all of the activities the NYPD recruits do, ie: PT, care stop, field training, etc etc? Were you treated different by the instructors or NYPD recruits? Thanks in advance for any information.
    Decided against NYPD
    Wasted my time with that

Amtrak PD Exam 8/07 Passed
    Interview 2/19/09 Passed
    Written Psych 2/19/09 Passed
    BI "Blue Book" Turned in 2/23
    Oral Psych 3/11/09 Passed
    BI Meeting 10/04/09- BI Complete
    Medical ?
    Academy ?

NYPD academy is for NYPD only. The New York State Police has a training academy that trains officers for certification in the state of New York. NYPD does their own academy for logistics and to shape their recruits to fit into the unique needs the NYPD needs of its officers.

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/academy/

How's that Amtrak Police going? I'm looking into railroad police myself, though with the freight railroads.
    Last edited by wirefire2; 10-12-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

MTA does send its officers through the NYPD Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
        NYPD academy is for NYPD only. The New York State Police has a training academy that trains officers for certification in the state of New York. NYPD does their own academy for logistics and to shape their recruits to fit into the unique needs the NYPD needs of its officers.

How's that Amtrak Police going? I'm looking into railroad police myself, though with the freight railroads.
        Quite a few agencies send officers to the NYPD academy. Amtrak in the past has sent officers to the NYPD academy, if they live in NY state. If they do not live in NY state, they attend FLETC and then go back for a few weeks of NY state training.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post

Yea your wrong on this one. NYPD takes officers from several other agencies including the MTA, Amtrak, DEP, and they used to do PAPD sometimes years ago. My uncle went through NYPD for PAPD like 25 years ago.
          Decided against NYPD
          Wasted my time with that

Amtrak PD Exam 8/07 Passed
          Interview 2/19/09 Passed
          Written Psych 2/19/09 Passed
          BI "Blue Book" Turned in 2/23
          Oral Psych 3/11/09 Passed
          BI Meeting 10/04/09- BI Complete
          Medical ?
          Academy ?

Comment

Originally posted by BMAC8411 View Post
            Yea your wrong on this one. NYPD takes officers from several other agencies including the MTA, Amtrak, DEP, and they used to do PAPD sometimes years ago. My uncle went through NYPD for PAPD like 25 years ago.
            Just wanted to update MTA does go through NYPD, but DEP runs there own academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3430 users online. 165 members and 3265 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X