Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you like/dislike about your job?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you like/dislike about your job?

I thought this would be interesting to see what everyone likes best about their jobs.

Please state what you do and what you love about it and if you feel up to it, what you dislike about it.

Thanks!

Dislike: People not doing anything to answer their own questions. Use the search function. This question has been asked and answered several times.

Comment

Best part is being able to come and answer questions in ask a cop.

Worst part is being able to come and answer questions in ask a cop.

Comment

Well, they DO both have valid points, but I will answer anyway:

Best thing: actually HELPING people....the driving fast, carrying a gun and whooping ***** is fun too, but the main reason is helping people

Worst thing: working your ***** off getting a good case and having some d-bag DA/ADA reducing the charges to guarantee and easy win/statistic
        - also helping people who are in the same situation the next week...they never help THEMSELVES
        - dealing with haters! people that HATE me because of the job have
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Best: Shiny Boots & badge
          Worst: Having to keep them shined...
          LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Likes: After 13 years,,,,,,can't think of any. Well, I do get paid every two weeks.

Dislikes: The reason I have to wear a bullet proof is to try and stop the knives from dept personnel,,,not people on the street.

Comment

Likes: Helping people feel safe when they should be and reassured when they walk out their door. (Sounds corny, but true)

Dislikes: Job makes you very jaded. Very negative and you learn that you can't trust anyone... As the above poster mentions, you can't trust your co-workers for the most part anyway. Nearly everyone will do anything to get ahead, even if it's loosing integrity with your friends and/or co-workers.
              "I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
              -Calvin Coolidge

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unk

Comment

Originally posted by LPD003 View Post
                Likes: Helping people feel safe when they should be and reassured when they walk out their door. (Sounds corny, but true)

Dislikes: Job makes you very jaded. Very negative and you learn that you can't trust anyone... As the above poster mentions, you can't trust your co-workers for the most part anyway. Nearly everyone will do anything to get ahead, even if it's loosing integrity with your friends and/or co-workers.

Do we work at the same place?

Comment

Don't believe so... But think it's a problem almost everywhere... I almost hate everyone in the world cuz of this job. Haha
                  "I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
                  -Calvin Coolidge

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unk

Comment

LPD003 is CORRECT!!!!
                    This job will make you see people in a different light....you will become prejudiced, (that does NOT mean racist),.....you will pre-judge a LOT of people and it will cause some issues in your life...on where you will go to where you will sit when you get there. You will not want to be around people you dont know and everything you do will may as well be done on camera......
                    BUT it's the best job in the world, despite the BS and the crappy pay and idiots who want to kill you because of the job you have
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

This could just be a HUGE B*tch session, but I forgot a big dislike about my job.

(Continued) Dislike: I can't take a crap without the public telling me what I did wrong while doing it. (We live in a glass box)
                      -Calvin Coolidge

Comment

Likes- Keep the community safe. Freedom to work how I want. Meaning as long as I am not taking calls, I can do what I want. I can choose to serve warrants all night, I can do traffic stops, I can get up with another deputy and jump out with suspicious people in the bad areas looking for drugs, or I can just take it easy and ride around checking property. I dont really have a boss breathing down my neck and hardly ever see him/her unless I have a question or something.

Dislikes- Arrogant people. You see the general public in a whole new light once you start this job. And the longer you are in it the more you relize how crappy people can be. I do know there are alot of good people in the world. And if I didnt have a social life outside of work I would think everyone is nuts. You see more of the bad then the good as a first responder on the road.
                        Last edited by DeputySC; 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LPD003 View Post
                          Don't believe so... But think it's a problem almost everywhere... I almost hate everyone in the world cuz of this job. Haha
                          I so swear I am you.

Comment

everything, nothing....or nothing, everything; depends on the day...
                            It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                            Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Administration that have completely lost their freakin minds and fail to support their rank and file.
                              Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4089 users online. 227 members and 3862 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X