300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
    It's an hour....Donna and Hicks would have a fit if they saw that.

With all this being said...you can not rule out human error...and the Baltimore City PD aspect of it. You never know what the city has failed to taken out of the system.

If it's a warrant easily recalled...It's not in NCIC.
    Thanks,

City never taking stuff out of the system? Who has ever heard of such a thing???? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by backinblue View Post
      Thanks,

City never taking stuff out of the system? Who has ever heard of such a thing???? LOL!

Every other wanted person I arrest swears up and DOWN they paid the fines/already went to court for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
        With all this being said...you can not rule out human error...and the Baltimore City PD aspect of it. You never know what the city has failed to taken out of the system.
        Yeah...wish they would find a new checks/balances system there. I get them all the time. Takes forever to be confirmed and then you find out its no good. On top of that, they do not want other agencies serving their warrants and we find ourselves working out transportation quite regularly.

Comment

ALL YOU FOLKS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!

To answer a couple of questions:

Yes, I am a LEO in Texas. I was sworn in July of this year... hence I make sure I put "Rookie" in my signature. I find that I am here to learn. So far this job has been constant learning

My niece's aunt (on her dad's side of the family) passed away in July of 08'. My niece claims that her aunt gave her a statue of an eagle (one of those $15 flea market jobbies -- the price sticker is still on the bottom). Her aunt felt like other family members took advantage of the deceased aunt's kindness in her last days and took stuff that they shouldn't have.
          The sister of the deceased asked all family members return anything the deceased aunt gave them to become part of the deceased's estate (there is no will). The family members, including my niece declined. The sister filed theft complaints in October 08', on 6 family members with the county police.
          Because the total amount of the eagle is listed by the sister as valued greater than $500 a warrant was eventually issued. The county courthouse (MD) says they would not have mailed a letter because the address the sister has for my niece is my address here in TX (they didn't say why they don't send letters out of state to inform of a warrant). So my niece found out about the warrant during a background check for employment last month (she was obviously turned down for the job).
          I have asked my niece to send the eagle back but she refuses (not that it would remove the warrant at this point). I guess if she knew ahead of time that this would all turn into a warrant, she would have just sent it back. I got her a lawyer and the lawyer has had the warrant recalled and now a court date is set.
          Hopefully the court will see the ridiculousness of this whole thing over a funeral and stuff of junk value and drop the whole thing.

Thank all of you once again.
          Last edited by breezy062; 10-11-2009, 02:01 PM. Reason: update
          DPD (Rookie)
          39 y/o
          M.S. Business Admin. & Information Systems
          PhD Student (CJ/HLS) program
          NRA Instructor

"Buy on the rumor... sell on the news"
          "If life has taught me anything it’s that 95% of the people are always wrong.”
          "Success = doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing"

Comment

wow, what some people would do...

I know that your niece would probally like the eagle statue for keep-sakes of a dead relative... but is it worth a warrant and possible criminal charges? sometimes every body has to think like adults...

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2 View Post
              Every other wanted person I arrest swears up and DOWN they paid the fines/already went to court for it.
              It's different. It's not a matter of asking the suspect...it's a matter of the agency not doing their job.

Felony stop of city hits are always a 50/50 chance. 50 percent are correct....50 perecent you make a fool of yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5137 users online. 272 members and 4865 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X