300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recalled Warrant in MD

My niece had an old warrant in MD. She is now in Texas. Her Lawyer in MD has had the Warrant Recalled (3 days ago). She needs to drive back and forth to work. If she gets pulled over by a TX P.O. and they run her in NCIC, will it still show up as active? Better yet, how long will it take for NCIC records to show the warrant has been recalled from MD?

I'm trying to avoid having to drive her to work each night because she is affraid of being pulled over...
    DPD (Rookie)
    39 y/o
    M.S. Business Admin. & Information Systems
    PhD Student (CJ/HLS) program
    NRA Instructor

"Buy on the rumor... sell on the news"
    "If life has taught me anything it’s that 95% of the people are always wrong.”
    "Success = doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing"

her lawyer should be able to check for her or she could go to any Texas PD and have them check to see if its still in the system. There is no answer to a time line in a perfect world as soon as its recalled the department that was issued the warrant will remove it but its not a perfect world. Ive ran warrants gotten hits thru NCIC and when you contact the department that issued it they cant find it because it was recalled but it was never removed from the system.
    Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
    -Ronald Reagan

Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer.
    -Ronald Reagan

Big Mak Attack AKA Big Mac Attack

Comment

Not all warrants are entered NCIC. Usually its felony warrants or serious misdemeanor warrants. An Officer would verified the warrant through a hit confirmation prior to making an arrest and they would have to want her *** BAD to extradite from MD to TX. If she's done something THAT serious, I doubt her attorney would have been able to get the warrant recalled.
      Last edited by Smurfette_76; 10-08-2009, 06:02 PM.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Most warrants (especially traffic warrants) are not entered into NCIC.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Even if it is entered it MUST be CONFIRMED by the originating agency. There may still be a hit on her name but when the agency is contacted they probably will not confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by fordman318 View Post
            Even if it is entered it MUST be CONFIRMED by the originating agency. There may still be a hit on her name but when the agency is contacted they probably will not confirm.
            You daughter should also be able to get a certified record from the court showing that the warrant has been recalled.

Comment

How about, she act's like a grown up and goes back to Texas and takes care of it... instead of running. That's what I tell people.

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2 View Post
                How about, she act's like a grown up and goes back to Texas and takes care of it... instead of running. That's what I tell people.
                You mean go to Texas to take care of a warrant that was issued in Maryland and recalled?

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                  You mean go to Texas to take care of a warrant that was issued in Maryland and recalled?
                  That was a typo. What I meant to say was, since this is an "old" warrant I'm going to guess it's atleast a year old. Second I meant to say go back to Maryland, not Texas.

If she KNEW she had a warrant out of Maryland and she moved to Texas and she KNEW about the warrant and was soooo afraid to drive because she didn't want to get arrested...she should have just went back to Maryland and taken care of it. Yes I know now that it is allegeldly taken care of...but she should have taken care of it instead of running and hoping to not get caught.

Comment

That was a typo. What I meant to say was, since this is an "old" warrant I'm going to guess it's atleast a year old. Second I meant to say go back to Maryland, not Texas.

If she KNEW she had a warrant out of Maryland and she moved to Texas and she KNEW about the warrant and was soooo afraid to drive because she didn't want to get arrested...she should have just went back to Maryland and taken care of it. Yes I know now that it is allegeldly taken care of...but she should have taken care of it instead of running and hoping to not get caught.
                    Sounds like she retained an attorney to handle that for her.
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

If the warrant has been recalled, then it has been taken care of. Sometimes warrants are issued for things like failing to submit proof completion of probation or failure to pay a fine, and can be taken care of by submitting the proof of compliance. That can be done through a lawyer without an appearance. I have also encountered people who had proof that they had appeared and paid the fine, but a warrant was issued by mistake. Then, when it gets withdrawn by the court, it does not always get removed from the computer system. For all we know, she thought that this had been taken care of, but a notice came from the court after she moved to Texas. I would not assume that she ran away to Texas to avoid the warrant. Because she hired a lawyer to deal with it (which is a lot more expensive than seeing the clerk or appearing in court yourself), I would suspect otherwise. But we just don't know.

Comment

Well that could be... but I've never met someone in that position. I always will run people, and soon as I start, they'll be like, oh well I got a warrant out of (insert different state) and they wont extridite. And I run them anyways, and the radio will confirm that they have a warrant for assault/theft ECT. and the people knew/know they have a warrant, they just find it easier to be on the run then go back and pay a fine/do a month... whatever it is.

I'm glad that this girl actually did take a step and I guess "own up" by having a lawyer take care of it. But isnt the original poster a police officer? Shoulndt he know about this stuff?

Comment

But isn't the original poster a police officer? Shouldn't he know about this stuff?
                          His profile says he is. He should know. The warrant must be verified with the issuing agency. If its recalled and still in NCIC when the officer who stops her will send a hit request to the issuing agency. The issuing agency must then reply back withing 10 minutes for an urgent request (things like traffic stops) or 1 hour for non urgent (things like the person has local charges and is already locked up for something different) If the warrant is recalled and still in NCIC, the issuing agency will respond with a no want for the subject in question. Not commenting on extradition or the fact that she didn't get the warrant taken care of before leaving Md. Recalled warrants go into the court system in Md. quickly, but don't always get taken out of NCIC as fast. When you the hit request is sent. BTW I am debating in my head if a non urgent hit request must be replied to in an hour or 30 minutes so correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by backinblue View Post
                            BTW I am debating in my head if a non urgent hit request must be replied to in an hour or 30 minutes so correct me if I am wrong.
                            It's an hour....Donna and Hicks would have a fit if they saw that.

With all this being said...you can not rule out human error...and the Baltimore City PD aspect of it. You never know what the city has failed to taken out of the system.

If it's a warrant easily recalled...It's not in NCIC.

Comment

She also has to be inside the pickup radius.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5080 users online. 267 members and 4813 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X