Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats Whats the story behind cops and donuts and........

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Whats the story behind cops and donuts and........

does your department have a craze for them? The Duncan Donuts by my local station is always swarming with cops around lunch time (Sorry for adding two "Whats" to the title)
    Life is what you make of it

Donut shops used to be the only business open late when bakers were actually baking the donuts....so that's where the coppers hung out....

my department doesn't hang around donut shops.....its quick trip.....

Comment

I love 'em.

Comment

What whats the deal with civilians and stupid questions?
        Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Why can't people come up with something original...I can't stand when I'm approached by Joe Citizen who just has to tell me the funniest cop joke ever and it's always something I've heard 100 times before...and then he can't understand why I don't think it's funny....Note to all you citizens out there who think they have the most original cop joke....YOU DON'T...We've heard everyone of them in some sort of variation plenty of times before....I'll put it in a way that you might be able to understand....Pick your favorite comedian...go to one of his shows...bet you laughed your butt off...now go to that show every night for the next month....would you find that comedian just as funny the first night as you did the last if he didn't have any new material???

Comment

If I never hear one more person say "I didn't do it!" when they see me... It wasn't funny the first time I heard. After the thousandth time it's just pathetic.
            “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

+ 1....or the company jokester who points to his buddy and says "he did it!" or "Theyre here for ya Bob!?, when I walk in

....Doughnut shops were the only places opened very early back in the day, like the other poster said, that being said, they were the places that got robbed, so the doughnut shop owners would supply coffee and a few doughnuts to LEOs who wanted to sit down inside, warm up and whose prescence may be proactive in avoiding a robbery.
              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Agreed with the above. I wake up every morning as a cop. I get that you don't and it's interesting to you, but you also need to keep in mind that we wake up everyday like this. It's nothing special.

And as was already said. Back in the day, donut shops were the only place open all night. So where else are you going to go for dinner at 3am? And they serve coffee, which is a necessity to anyone working swing shifts or graveyard shifts (regardless of what career it is). My response to donut jokes is; Donuts are good. If you don't like donuts then there is something wrong with you, not me.

BTW, when I say "you" I mean anyone, not specifically you.

Comment

It's not the donuts, it's the coffee
                  Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

What whats the deal with civilians and stupid questions?
                    never looked into the subject before and the only stupid question is the one never asked.

And yea it was a serious question not a joke. I came here in a lighthearted manner and judging by the negativity I'm feeling, I guess I'm not wanted here. Later y'all and keep it 250 knots or less below 10,000 feet and stay safe while on patrol.
                    Life is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                      If I never hear one more person say "I didn't do it!" when they see me... It wasn't funny the first time I heard. After the thousandth time it's just pathetic.
                      When it's a woman I always look to my right, then to my left, and whisper..."I know you didn't, but would you like to?"
                      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Dunkin donuts has the best coffee. I am somewhat ashamed to be seem there, but aslong as its just for coffee I can live with it.
                        I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                          I always tell them "I didn't see it. And if I didn't see it, it didn't happen.".

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
                            never looked into the subject before and the only stupid question is the one never asked.

And yea it was a serious question not a joke. I came here in a lighthearted manner and judging by the negativity I'm feeling, I guess I'm not wanted here. Later y'all and keep it 250 knots or less below 10,000 feet and stay safe while on patrol.

Before you go I have a light hearted question. Whats the deal with pilots wives?
                            I heard that the difference between a Rolls Royce and a pilots wife is that some people have never been in a Rolls Royce.

Is this true?
                            Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                              Before you go I have a light hearted question. Whats the deal with pilots wives?
                              I heard that the difference between a Rolls Royce and a pilots wife is that some people have never been in a Rolls Royce.

Is this true?
                              Shazaaam!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5417 users online. 330 members and 5087 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X