Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listing a formal complaint on an application?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• siggyfreud
    replied
    I can list that there has been a complaint, but there isn't anywhere to elaborate on what it was.

EDIT: Scratch that I added a description in the additional information section. The worst part about getting the complaint was that I gave that neighbor my cell phone number, and told them that very evening we'd be having a party, and to call me should the noise get too loud. He didn't even bother to do that.
    Last edited by siggyfreud; 10-03-2009, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    List it. Shouldn't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• sigcopper
    replied
    When in doubt....list it.

Leave a comment:

• fordman318
    replied
    List it on the application. I highly doubt it will hurt you. It may come up in a polygraph if you dont list it. Ex

Question: Is there anything you havent told us that you think we should know?
    Answer: No

If this is on your mind when you take the poly it may come up deception. Just be thorough and HONEST

Leave a comment:

• firefinder
    replied
    I would list it. If the closest thing to a formal complaint that you've had filed against you is a noise complaint from your freshman year, then most people would look at that as a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• siggyfreud
    started a topic Listing a formal complaint on an application?

Listing a formal complaint on an application?

Hello all.

I am currently working on an application for a FLEO. One of the questions states "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THE SUBJECT OF A FORMAL COMPLAINT SUBMITTED TO A POLICE DEPARTMENT?"

In my first year of college we had a neighbor call in a noise complaint during a going away party we were having for a roommate. Despite the officer telling us that he couldn't hear anything from the street, he said that he needed to give us a warning, which my roommate and I signed. Nothing was done after this (other than the neighbor apologizing a few days later). My question is; Does this qualify as a formal complaint? Given the nature of the section these questions are listed in I gather they're more concerned with more serious crimes, but regardless, I'd like to be thorough.

Thank you.

Siggy

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1959 users online. 152 members and 1807 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X