Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listing a formal complaint on an application?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing a formal complaint on an application?

Hello all.

I am currently working on an application for a FLEO. One of the questions states "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THE SUBJECT OF A FORMAL COMPLAINT SUBMITTED TO A POLICE DEPARTMENT?"

In my first year of college we had a neighbor call in a noise complaint during a going away party we were having for a roommate. Despite the officer telling us that he couldn't hear anything from the street, he said that he needed to give us a warning, which my roommate and I signed. Nothing was done after this (other than the neighbor apologizing a few days later). My question is; Does this qualify as a formal complaint? Given the nature of the section these questions are listed in I gather they're more concerned with more serious crimes, but regardless, I'd like to be thorough.

Thank you.

Siggy

I would list it. If the closest thing to a formal complaint that you've had filed against you is a noise complaint from your freshman year, then most people would look at that as a good thing.

Comment

List it on the application. I highly doubt it will hurt you. It may come up in a polygraph if you dont list it. Ex

Question: Is there anything you havent told us that you think we should know?
      Answer: No

If this is on your mind when you take the poly it may come up deception. Just be thorough and HONEST

Comment

When in doubt....list it.

Comment

List it. Shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I can list that there has been a complaint, but there isn't anywhere to elaborate on what it was.

EDIT: Scratch that I added a description in the additional information section. The worst part about getting the complaint was that I gave that neighbor my cell phone number, and told them that very evening we'd be having a party, and to call me should the noise get too loud. He didn't even bother to do that.
            Last edited by siggyfreud; 10-03-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5756 users online. 341 members and 5415 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X