300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another question. Past Tickets?

I have gotten pulled over for speeding 2 times in the past......5 years. Ive gotten 2 tickets. The first one was about 3 years ago and was talked down because of my clean record to a parking ticket which I gladly paid. Then last year I got one for speeding again and for some reason I was pulled over for running a stop sign which I was never near, but thats besides the point, the point is I got the ticket. When I showed up for court for those 2 tickets *being taken care of in the same day* the judge through them out and I got off with just a slap on the wrist. That being said, I want to become a trooper, which yes yes I know STOP SPEEDING AND NO TICKETS!!! Beleive me now that I have started pursuing this career I obey the speed limits and all other laws. But my question is that since those were talked down/thrown out, will they show up as a parking ticket and not being there on my background check or what? Should I let someone know that so its not like Im lieing? I think that if I bring it up during my interviews that itll be a problem.

Originally posted by Quinn58 View Post
    I have gotten pulled over for speeding 2 times in the past......5 years. Ive gotten 2 tickets. The first one was about 3 years ago and was talked down because of my clean record to a parking ticket which I gladly paid. Then last year I got one for speeding again and for some reason I was pulled over for running a stop sign which I was never near, but thats besides the point, the point is I got the ticket. When I showed up for court for those 2 tickets *being taken care of in the same day* the judge through them out and I got off with just a slap on the wrist. That being said, I want to become a trooper, which yes yes I know STOP SPEEDING AND NO TICKETS!!! Beleive me now that I have started pursuing this career I obey the speed limits and all other laws. But my question is that since those were talked down/thrown out, will they show up as a parking ticket and not being there on my background check or what? Should I let someone know that so its not like Im lieing? I think that if I bring it up during my interviews that itll be a problem.
    When you complete your Personal History Statement or similar document, you'll need to list any and all citations you have recieved. This includes the original charge, dates/times/dispositions. Don't fail to do this. The mere fact that you have recieved a citation(s) may not DQ you. Failure to list them will.

Comment

Many, many cops working today have been cited for traffic violations prior to becoming LEO's. It's not a deal breaker in your case. Just don't lie, like others have pointed out.
      Walking the line...all give some...some give all!

Comment

In my department (state level) lying gets more canned from the hiring process than anything else. Tell the truth, nobodies perfect.

Comment

Just be honest. If they are on the record then there's no issue of your integrity. If they are not on the record then you show that you are being painfully truthful.

Comment

Alright thats what I figured. Honesty is the best policy. Thank you for your opinions guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2766 users online. 153 members and 2613 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X