• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smurfette_76
    Verbal Sniper
    • Jan 2007

abso-phuking-lutely
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

• RoadKingTrooper
      Have gun......will travel
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Smurfette_76
      abso-phuking-lutely
      LOL Smurf She is a redhead too! Eyes green or blue?

Your hair looks Maaaaaaaavelous Smurf
      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

• Yankee_1
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2007

Mmmmmmmmm....Badge Bunnies, so young, so tasty, so easy. every job has its perks.

Comment

• Smurfette_76
          Verbal Sniper
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper
          LOL Smurf She is a redhead too! Eyes green or blue?

Your hair looks Maaaaaaaavelous Smurf

Mine or hers? Her's look blue. Mine are green on the outside with gold in the middle.

As for the hair....I adore you, RKT!!

sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

• JenInNJ
            civi
            • Sep 2009

Mine or hers? Her's look blue. Mine are green on the outside with gold in the middle.

As for the hair....I adore you, RKT!!

Mine are actually steel blue. Kinda purpley, but the dress makes 'em look bluer.

Comment

• BrickCop
              He who speaks Truth
              • Dec 2000

Originally posted by JenInNJ
              My question(s) for the community are as follows:

1. I have seen this asked in this forum before, but are my friends correct? Am I merely a badge bunny in denial? Does the fact that you attract/date cops (even if you don't know they're cops before you date them) instantaneously make you one?
              Yes but it shouldn't bother you since you're not nine years old. Just repeat the 'sticks and stones' mantra.

Furthermore, are the majority of single or divorced LEOs my age/area simply players? Should I not be expecting a quality relationship? Is it is possible, is it because I am meeting the majority of them in pubs/bars etc (I'm Irish, what can I say)?
              You're looking for a one size fits all answer to describe hundreds to thousands of individual cops in your area? No can do.

As far as the bar scene- how's that workin' out for ya? The occupation issue aside...if you haven't met a 'quality' person over the years of bar hopping you've pretty much answered your own question. I'm not trying to be rude but the answer is right in front of you.

2. How do I sensitively navigate the issue of having dated cops before without seeming like a badge bunny? I have to admit, I get a weird look on my face when they tell me what they do. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point. While there is speculation that cops mainly date educators (like myself) and nurses, for some reason there isn't the same reverse prejudice. There's no such term as a "teacher toucher" or "nurse nuzzler." The only thing worse than being teased by my friends is my date thinking I'm some kind of fetishist.

I ask this question in sincerity, so I don't need to be mocked or offers of "lessons" or the likes as the last person who posted something similar.
              As an educated and mature woman you should not care what others think of who you date as it's none of their business. Why are you analyzing this so much? Sorry if I sound abrupt but I call it like I see it...that's what most cops do.
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

• JenInNJ
                civi
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BrickCop
                Yes but it shouldn't bother you since you're not nine years old. Just repeat the 'sticks and stones' mantra.

You're looking for a one size fits all answer to describe hundreds to thousands of individual cops in your area? No can do.

As far as the bar scene- how's that workin' out for ya? The occupation issue aside...if you haven't met a 'quality' person over the years of bar hopping you've pretty much answered your own question. I'm not trying to be rude but the answer is right in front of you.

As an educated and mature woman you should not care what others think of who you date as it's none of their business. Why are you analyzing this so much? Sorry if I sound abrupt but I call it like I see it...that's what most cops do.
                It's easy to say "don't care." For the most part, I don't. Or I would stop. The fact that I continue on speaks volumes about what I think of my friend's opinions; however, if the people who know you best think you're making poor choices for yourself, you can't help but begin to wonder. Honestly, that's where the over-analyzation comes from. It's only recently the LEO thing started (never attracted/dated a cop until I was 36). And it's just been incessant since then. Uncanny even. This year alone maybe 20-30 men, (sometimes back to back) who have approached me have been LEOs in one manifestation or the other. One DOES begin to wonder...

So I came to this board. And read a lot of posts. Did some "word of mouth" research. Turns out from the horse's mouth, LEOs have a lower success rate at LTRs than other professions. Anything with a uniform, actually (according to an article I discovered). And if the end goal is a relationship that might develop into an LTR...well. There you have it. The bar scene is what it is, I know this. I've met LEOs in bars, online, in person, grocery shopping. And some of them approached me already MARRIED.

Don't worry about tone, I am used to dealing with the "tell it like it is" attitude. I prefer it, actually. I'm not easily offended. But imagine you were looking to buy a car in a world where models were not externally identifiable. You knew you wanted one with good gas mileage, and you knew Brand X was a notorious gas guzzler. And every car shown to you or you liked enough to test drive out to be Brand X. It's quite the pickle. Add to that, if you're seen driving Brand X on the road, people label you as environmentally unfriendly. And that's YOUR ilk. My friends have never dared call me a BB

Sigh. It's a bad metaphor. I realize this. It's complicated. That's all I can say. I came here hoping to shed light on some things, certainly not to try and compartmentalize anyone.

Comment

• CurlyQ
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2007

I can't help but wonder if you didn't come here to pick up more LEOs. Why air this BS on an internet forum if you're not lookin' to get laid? At your age, you should be comfortable in your own skin and your own decisions. Who gives a flip what your friends think?

Comment

• RoadKingTrooper
                    Have gun......will travel
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CurlyQ
                    I can't help but wonder if you didn't come here to pick up more LEOs. Why air this BS on an internet forum if you're not lookin' to get laid? At your age, you should be comfortable in your own skin and your own decisions. Who gives a flip what your friends think?

LOL Honey, long haired Harley riders need not apply either
                    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

• JenInNJ
                      civi
                      • Sep 2009

You know, this doesn't even justify my response, but as a Jersey girl, I just can't help myself.

First, I'm now doubtful any of the three of you are actual LEOs and hopeful that none of you are detectives. You completely lack any logic nor reasoning, make false accusations, and jump to stark and random conclusions. Not traits I'd want in my local agency, fellas. Sorry.

1. I posted on a national BBS, not local. The odds of meeting someone via this medium, in this particular forum, are slim to none. If you've read any of my posts, getting action from local LEOs is certainly not a problem.

2. I don't see a single indication that I was "pleased" with being asked for my photo. As a matter of fact, I was clearly aberrant to it. I had to be asked repeatedly to post it. If I wanted people to see what I looked like, it would have been up from the start, no? Oh wait, I was secretly nail biting HOPING someone would want to see my pic. I nearly blew my load when I was begged for it!

3. I am completely and utterly in love with myself. So in love with myself looking in the mirror has become tiresome. I've decided to spend hours of my precious reflection time posting on the officer.com bulletin board in the hopes that some middle-aged men half a continent away would throw me some attention, beg for my photo and then become inflamatory. Seriously. Really?

But you are right, I was misguided. I keep seeing the word mature thrown generously around this forum in reference to me. It's a shame ya'll don't take what you say to others to heart.
                      Last edited by JenInNJ; 10-02-2009, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Smurfette_76
                        Verbal Sniper
                        • Jan 2007

I only have one correction Y'all. Y'all....not ya'll...you damn Yankees butcher that word (probably cause you're used to yous guys)

sigpic

Comment

• JenInNJ
                          civi
                          • Sep 2009

I only have one correction Y'all. Y'all....not ya'll...you damn Yankees butcher that word (probably cause you're used to yous guys)

That's youze guys, woman! ;P

Comment

• On The
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2008

Sounds like you've been "around the block" quite a few times. And by the looks of your post, "quite a few" seems like an understatement. Why do you feel the need to over-think all these issues? "How do I date cops without appearing to be a badge bunny?" I smell problems...

Geez, a guy has fun on pay nights and he's a stud. A chick does it and she's "been around the block quite a few times". I've got no problem with a woman who knows how short life is.

Comment

• JenInNJ
                              civi
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by On The
                              Geez, a guy has fun on pay nights and he's a stud. A chick does it and she's "been around the block quite a few times". I've got no problem with a woman who knows how short life is.
                              I've been around the block about as many times as a one-legged kid on a scooter.

Comment

• JenInNJ
                                civi
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Code Seven
                                Point proven, CurlyQ. Point proven.
                                Guffaw.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20793 users online. 59 members and 20734 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...