Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good read professor. I like seeing the outside-in look at LE on various topics.

Comment

Careful of the advice you get on here JenInNJ. There are a lot of Badge Bunnies on here that pretend they're not.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
        I was holding off judgment until I read the above. I don't know many educated Professors that need to resort to talking filth to get their point across.
        Oh, I am such an idiot. I should have realized the point of all this was to pass judgment on people rather than contribute in any meaningful way to the discussion. Silly, silly me.

And yes, there are a handful of us that were accursed with senses of humor, sarcasm, and an ability to be real, approachable people. Sorry your social circle is so limited, uhm, Outshined.

Comment

You know, BB or not ( ), the girl is funny...and witty...and that seems to be bothering some of you. Come on, Chief, what did you want her to say? She's got posters criticizing her no matter what she says, so she responded back to them in the same manner she got....looks about right to me.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Here is the thing...

You came on here asking for cop's opinions and for better or worse you've gotten just that. Perhaps you don't see it but you have a habit of making or seeking generalizations about male cops as to their personal traits.

Then there there is your sig...I realize that it may be just a funny quote but it along with the tenor of your original post is telling. According to you there was some sort of problem with virtually every cop you've dated. Where are you in this equation as far as self awareness goes?

I don't buy you have this magical allure that only tends to attract cops. I have yet to ever hear someone proclaim they only attract plumbers or architects.

I will agree with you that people begging for your pic is rather lame considering they're a mouse click away from a billion websites featuring naked women.
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
              You know, BB or not ( ), the girl is funny...and witty...and that seems to be bothering some of you. Come on, Chief, what did you want her to say? She's got posters criticizing her no matter what she says, so she responded back to them in the same manner she got....looks about right to me.
              I know this is going to come as a BIG surprise to you Smurfette, but there are some men who just can't handle our (insert whatever flattering term won't get me in more trouble here).

But thanks for the props (insert not particularly feminist, redhead, girlpower chick jargon here).

-J

Comment

Originally posted by JenInNJ View Post
                I know this is going to come as a BIG surprise to you Smurfette, but there are some men who just can't handle our (insert whatever flattering term won't get me in more trouble here).

But thanks for the props (insert not particularly feminist, redhead, girlpower chick jargon here).

-J
                I'm a woman with twelve years in a male dominated job and you think you're going to surprise me? ROFL

Take it easy on them, hon. Float around awhile, get to know some people...they ain't all bad...just men
                sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop View Post
                  Here is the thing...

You came on here asking for cop's opinions and for better or worse you've gotten just that. Perhaps you don't see it but you have a habit of making or seeking generalizations about male cops as to their personal traits.

Then there there is your sig...I realize that it may be just a funny quote but it along with the tenor of your original post is telling. According to you there was some sort of problem with virtually every cop you've dated. Where are you in this equation as far as self awareness goes?

I don't buy you have this magical allure that only tends to attract cops. I have yet to ever hear someone proclaim they only attract plumbers or architects.

I will agree with you that people begging for your pic is rather lame considering they're a mouse click away from a billion websites featuring naked women.
                  1. I apologized about making generalizations before the flame war happened. I have never tried to be insulting or compartmentalizing and I've made that QUITE clear, so let's not insinuate I've "had it coming."

2. The quote is new. Since this morning. I was inspired by the tenor of the posts, so don't over-analyze it there chief. As far as self-awareness goes, I think if you reread the original post, you'll see a tremendous amount of self-awareness there. Where did I say there was a problem with every cop I've dated. I said the relationships didn't work out. Some of the men I've met (and haven't dated) have been players. Wait. We need a minute here. Ok, ready for it. This has somehow gotten lost in translation.

I adore LEOs.

3. Thanks for your input. I'm not quite sure where you're going with that, but it's helpful nevertheless.

Comment

I'm a woman with twelve years in a male dominated job and you think you're going to surprise me? ROFL

Take it easy on them, hon. Float around awhile, get to know some people...they ain't all bad...just men
                    Imagine if the male cops/members quipped to take it easy on them- they're just women... it must be that time of the month? Just sayin'.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

I have a lot of female LEO friends. I've heard horror stories. We'll save those for PMs though

Done floating around. I haven't posted on BBSes since I was a teenager. I thought maybe as an adult things would have changed. WRONG-O. Seriously, what do I have to gain from this juvenile discourse? Very few people are even motivated to do anything other than insult my character, misquote me and throw dime store psychology in my face.

Present company (and a handful of others) excluded, of course.

Want a generalization? Here ya go. I think one of the problems with people is they fail to take a step back and see the big picture. Why on earth would I spend 30 minutes constructing such a clearly well-thought out thread for ulterior motives beyond professional people's opinions on the ISSUE, not me? I didn't ask what was wrong with me? It's almost like people here would rather sit and judge me because they have nothing else to say.

And amusingly, JUDGE ME FOR LIKING LEOs! LOL!

Seriously, if I've made generalizations about LEOs (and there are generalizations abound on this forum), it's easy to say you personally don't fit into those generalizations. Like the generalizations other people have been making about people who hang out at bars, or women who like sex, or professors' vernacular. I haven't personally attacked anyone, just defended myself and I really shouldn't have to in a forum of adults, IMHO. It's starting to feel like a waste of my energy and I'm on my last 2 days of sabbatical

Are ya fillin' me?

Comment

Imagine if the male cops/members quipped to take it easy on them- they're just women... it must be that time of the month? Just sayin'.
                        You could say that and it would be awesome. Except it would make little sense here as we're clearly holding our own. Just sayin' s'all

Comment

Say whatever you want, honey....that don't make it true.

As for the other........typical response of a man lacking a better one
                          sigpic

Comment

I have a lot of female LEO friends. I've heard horror stories. We'll save those for PMs though

Done floating around. I haven't posted on BBSes since I was a teenager. I thought maybe as an adult things would have changed. WRONG-O. Seriously, what do I have to gain from this juvenile discourse? Very few people are even motivated to do anything other than insult my character, misquote me and throw dime store psychology in my face.

Want a generalization? Here ya go. I think one of the problems with people is they fail to take a step back and see the big picture. Why on earth would I spend 30 minutes constructing such a clearly well-thought out thread for ulterior motives beyond professional people's opinions on the ISSUE, not me? I didn't ask what was wrong with me? It's almost like people here would rather sit and judge me because they have nothing else to say.

Seriously, if I've made generalizations about LEOs (and there are generalizations abound on this forum), it's easy to say you personally don't fit into those generalizations. Like the generalizations other people have been making about people who hang out at bars, or women who like sex, or professors' vernacular. I haven't personally attacked anyone, just defended myself and I really shouldn't have to in a forum of adults, IMHO. It's starting to feel like a waste of my energy and I'm on my last 2 days of sabbatical

Are ya fillin' me?
                            On the flip side. Imagine walking into a party where you know no one and throwing all your business down on Front Street so to speak. What are people here going to think of you when your delivery method of the aforementioned life story was just there...BLAH...right at you feet...here I am. It's rather rude and abrupt...in real life and here.

Now. You have several choices. Slide into the rhythm here and get to know the very wonderful, intelligent, thought-provoking men and women that post here or don't. I wouldn't imagine you'd want to stick around merely to throw barbs because that would be the height of juvenile behavior and the very anti thesis of what you claim to be, no? Your decision, but in the end this is a LE forum and your approach was a bit like p*ssing in the punch bowl. Code Seven, Brick, Curly, Outshined et al are valuable members of this form...you asked for opinions, but you don't get to dictate their response.

If you choose to stick around, then good...get to know people. If not....best of luck.
                            sigpic

Comment

Are ya fillin' me?
                              Your pompous hypocrisy is laughable.

Why are you wasting your talents here? You should be doing a book tour of the country with these tidbits of drama....er...I mean wisdom. Nevertheless thank you for wasting your energy in enlightening us knuckle draggers. I'm sure that any future posts seeking validation...er...I mean an explanation for your inablity to form long lasting relationships will be directed to DoctorPhil.com instead of the O.com Neanderthals.

Comment

On the flip side. Imagine walking into a party where you know no one and throwing all your business down on Front Street so to speak. What are people here going to think of you when your delivery method of the aforementioned life story was just there...BLAH...right at you feet...here I am. It's rather rude and abrupt...in real life and here.

Now. You have several choices. Slide into the rhythm here and get to know the very wonderful, intelligent, thought-provoking men and women that post here or don't. I wouldn't imagine you'd want to stick around merely to throw barbs because that would be the height of juvenile behavior and the very anti thesis of what you claim to be, no? Your decision, but in the end this is a LE forum and your approach was a bit like p*ssing in the punch bowl. Code Seven, Brick, Curly, Outshined et al are valuable members of this form...you asked for opinions, but you don't get to dictate their response.

If you choose to stick around, then good...get to know people. If not....best of luck.
                                Well said.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6316 users online. 363 members and 5953 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X