300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenInNJ View Post
    I'm approaching you because I'm curious as to whether or not you'd perceive me as being a "badge bunny." I'm a little unnerved by the situation, honestly. If every woman who you dated was a doctor, trust me you'd minimally question the likelihood...if not wind up with a complex. Just trying to avoid the latter.
    Jen, could it be, that maybe, just maybe, you're over analyzing all of this? Simply dating a Cop doesn't make you a Badge Bunny. The qualifications for that status have already been discussed. When all the smoke clears and the dust settles, you are what you are. If you're the honest, attractive, educated, discriminating woman you seem to be, you'll attract quite a few men. At the end of the day, you're the judge of how far you wish a relationship to go. To directly answer your one concern regarding being a Badge Bunny. No, I don't consider you a one, but suppose I did. Why in the H......should that make any difference to you. You know who you are, you know what you are. At the end of the day, that's all that should matter.

Comment

viable dating material ?

And what the heck is proclivity?
      John 3:16

Comment

Jen, I'm impressed by the analysis of your situation & how articulate & honest you are about it. No, I wouldn't say you're a "badge bunny" or anything else of the sort but I don't think you have the big picture. Now, if I may, let me voice my opinion, as a 30 yearLEO whose been married for 32 years & never's been divorced.
        LEOs ARE honest, hard working, idealistic people that for the most part have "A" type personalities. That's the good part. The basd part (as I see it) is they are also independent control freaks who genuinely want a close-knit family, but the job gets in the way in various forms. Career obligations, burn-out frustration, erratic schedules, politics, the violence of the job & the threat of violence all play on one's mind that no matter how you try, eventually gets to you. How it manifests itself depends on (what I call) your "core" personality. It may show up as alcoholism (common) heart conditions (very common) or isolating ones self from the World (VERY common). There are other manifiestations too, but I think you get the picture.
        Now couple all this with a national statistic of over a 50%+ divorce rate & you see why dating LEOs can be an issue. If it all still appeals to you, fine as quite honestly, you sound like a good "catch". I wouldn't want my daughter to date/marry a police officer & yes, I'd say that to my son also. Personally I think you can do better but as someone else said, one's job shouldn't be the ultimate factor in dating him. I think you could find the same traits you respect in LEOs in other professions (except lawyers) without the quirks the job instills in people. Keep us posted, it sounds like you're on a real "mission" here..........

Comment

Originally posted by JenInNJ View Post
          Just as BB have stereotypes surrounding them, so do LEOs. I've read multiple threads on here regarding LEOs and infidelity, high rate of divorce, etc. I'm willing to take 50% of the blame for any failed relationship, but I'm not willing to say I'm getting played because it's my issues or failing at relationships because it's my fault either, sorry.

But yes, you are correct. I DO what makes me happy. I date cops. And when I find out that someone chatting me up is a LEO, I chuckle. The problem really only comes in when I have displayed too much knowledge about their profession and I'm asked how I know. That's why I posted, honestly. Still not sure how to handle the question without straight out lying.
          I never said it was your fault, I said what they have in common is you. If a girlfriend were to tell you that all their boyfriends have X, Y or Z problem then what do you tell your girlfriend? You don't tell them to change HIM, you tell her that something in HER is either attracting or attracted to that type of person.

As for if you're a badge bunny? Yeah, sounds like it. Educated or not...that's what it looks like to me. Perhaps its the type you're attracted to...okay (?).... I sure you comport yourself in a much classier manner than the average BB, but its those before you that have paved that road and from the POV of an Officer, no, it's not a flattering title.

I can understand a strong, assertive women having something in common with Officers. Perhaps it's that those men aren't intimidated by who YOU are and that's why dating them is easier. I get it. I swore up and down I'd never date an Officer. Never did until 8 years into my career when I met my husband. I almost didn't date him because I KNEW the rep that female Officers get when they start dating co-workers or other Officers. But, I took a chance. Best decision I ever made.

I will add this: If you've dated several in the same area, that might explain why they play or try to play you. They [meaning the male Officers] have labeled you. They talk. Good Lord, do they talk. If you can't get a lasting relationship out of them, then it's probably because...well, to put it bluntly...you eff the BB, you don't take her home to Mama.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I deliberately didn't post one because I thought I'd be taken less seriously or that I posted for ulterior motives. As far as "quality relationship" well, that's subjective. One that's mutually beneficial, based on honesty and hopefully develops into something amazing. That's what quality is to me.

I'm sure the mature members of our group, Road King Trooper and I for example, would take you MORE seriously and consider your intentions strictly respectable if you were to post a picture.

The last date I had was with someone in Utilities.
            I tend to dress up in newer jeans, at least, for a first date.
            Last edited by On The; 10-01-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by On The View Post
              I'm sure the mature members of our group, Road King Trooper and I for example, would take you MORE seriously and consider your intentions strictly respectable if you were to post a picture.
              Hrrmp! Yes, Quite so! A photo likeness will allow us to properly evaluate your situation

(still waiting to hear an answer on Harley's)
              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                I never said it was your fault, I said what they have in common is you. If a girlfriend were to tell you that all their boyfriends have X, Y or Z problem then what do you tell your girlfriend? You don't tell them to change HIM, you tell her that something in HER is either attracting or attracted to that type of person.

As for if you're a badge bunny? Yeah, sounds like it. Educated or not...that's what it looks like to me. Perhaps its the type you're attracted to...okay (?).... I sure you comport yourself in a much classier manner than the average BB, but its those before you that have paved that road and from the POV of an Officer, no, it's not a flattering title.

I can understand a strong, assertive women having something in common with Officers. Perhaps it's that those men aren't intimidated by who YOU are and that's why dating them is easier. I get it. I swore up and down I'd never date an Officer. Never did until 8 years into my career when I met my husband. I almost didn't date him because I KNEW the rep that female Officers get when they start dating co-workers or other Officers. But, I took a chance. Best decision I ever made.

I will add this: If you've dated several in the same area, that might explain why they play or try to play you. They [meaning the male Officers] have labeled you. They talk. Good Lord, do they talk. If you can't get a lasting relationship out of them, then it's probably because...well, to put it bluntly...you eff the BB, you don't take her home to Mama.
                S--

Thanks for the input. I have never dated a local cop. Never two in the same district. Last few "boyfriends" have been feds. Hooked up once with a trooper. So I don't think that's the case, per se. I've been honest with who I've met whom I've dated.

Just don't want the title. And if you date 'em there's really no way to avoid it.

-J

Comment

Originally posted by On The View Post

I tend to dress up in newer jeans, at least, for a first date.
                  It's irrelevant, really. But I'll make you a deal, as soon as I see someone else's mug up there, I'll post mine.

Comment

I see lots of words but no pictures. I'm not reading so many words without a picture to see if this thread is worth it.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                      One question Honey Do you like Harley's
                      Believe I've "seen' you on ANOTHER forum! Brothers everywhere you go!

Comment

I haven't seen a single real photo avatar since being on this site!

Comment

quite a few people put them in their profile, not as avatars. RKTs is in his profile.
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

quite a few people put them in their profile, not as avatars. RKTs is in his profile.
                            S--

Got it! Thx. I just thought everyone was being super mysterious. I actually just saw yours! You MUST be superwoman to be able to work the blonde in LE. I wouldn't mess with you! I had a hard time working it in academia.

-J

Comment

LOL. It's red, I assure you. Not quite as red as yours, but red all the same.
                              sigpic

Comment

LOL. It's red, I assure you. Not quite as red as yours, but red all the same.
                                That's because redheads are the shizzle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3204 users online. 181 members and 3023 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X