300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...

If you have one tip to give me as a young female wanting to be a homicide detective, what would it be?
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out and meet it.

--Thucydides

You have to crawl before you walk. So with that being said, become a Police Officer first, then ask that question.

Good Luck
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Do yourself a favor and change your major from CJ to something like forensics, or even much better yet psychology. Understanding psychology is one of the most important aspects of being a good detective.

And yes, become a good cop for several years first. One thing you must remember is very few departments actually have a "Homicide Unit". Some have people crimes or major crimes where you'll be working any crime that is violent in nature, but most don't even have that. Most departments you're just a general detective, and if a homicide comes up on your desk you work it.

Comment

Do good and school, volunteer in the morgue, see if you can handle a dead body.

Comment

Become a cop first...it is the BEST experience you'll ever get for what is needed to investigate crime. You cannot learn that in a book.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

All the good detectives I've ever met, were good on patrol first. It's not two seperate entities. Patrol will teach you things you cannot learn in a classroom i.e. reading deception in body language. Don't get so focused on detective that you treat patrol like "just another step toward a real job".
            "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman"

Comment

.......don't!.........

Comment

sometimes is not what you do see, it's what you don't see.
                Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
                -Jeremiah 17:9

Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

Comment

Stay out of trouble, don't do drugs, don't drink and stay in school. It doesn't really matter what you have a degree in. It matters that you have a degree.

Comment

get used to seeing "icky stuff".....
                    develop a warped, (to the rest of the world, anyway), sense of humor......
                    degrees help, as previously mentioned......
                    become a cop.....
                    get used to talking to people, seeing through the BS, dealing with "bad news", (like telling a family theor child has been horribly killed....its a bad feeling)...........
                    learn to LOVE buffets at lunch time!

good luck
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by Candy1655 View Post
                      If you have one tip to give me as a young female wanting to be a homicide detective, what would it be?
                      Dead people smell bad
                      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                        Dead people smell bad
                        smell bad, that is an understatement.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Become a fireman instead, trust me.

Comment

As others have said......be a good street cop first. That is where you will learn....

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
                              You have to crawl before you walk. So with that being said, become a Police Officer first, then ask that question.

Good Luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3988 users online. 221 members and 3767 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X