300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket

No, no ticket for me . I was reading another thread in this section about speeding tickets , I was wondering, if an officer wrote down the wrong speed for some reason, say you were doing 50 in a 35 but he/she wrote 45, what would happen? Is your speed what is written down? Can the officer relaized the mistake and still be able to correct it? I remember a kid telling me a similar story like this in the beginning of the summer and just began to wonder what would happen in this case. (I won't call you names like Fkhan )

Thanks for any replies!
    Last edited by NextGenOfc; 09-29-2009, 06:15 PM.

It can be amended in court if the defendant wants to try and have the case dropped on the mistake. I once wrote a person for improper u-turn when I should have wrote fail to obey a highway sign... the defendant did research on the code and saw that I wrote it incorrectly. The judge asked me if I wanted to amend it, and I declined, because I figured the guy now knows the code better then I do, so lesson learned.

Comment

What happens is that you get a lower fine, because the the fine usually tied to the amount by which you exceed the limit. The offense remains the same.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

And possibly less points on your license....why would you be an idiot and tell the judge the ticket should be dismissed because you were actually going at a faster rate of speed....an admission in court can be used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          And possibly less points on your license....why would you be an idiot and tell the judge the ticket should be dismissed because you were actually going at a faster rate of speed....an admission in court can be used against you
          yeah that's true and good point, thanks for the responses officers

Anymore are still welcomed

Comment

Called cutting you a break. Only difference you cannot read the note's that we put on the back of the ticket.

Comment

I do it now and again to give someone a break on the fine. I did actually have a woman (who read some silly 'how to get out of a ticket' pamphlet) argue the mistake in court. I had no problem ammending it to reflect the actual speed...which I always note on my copy.
              "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman"

Comment

Sometimes I'll write for a lesser speed than the person was actually going, if they have a good attitude when I make contact with them. If I write them at less than 14 mph over the speed limit, they don't get the points on their license.

Not everyone gets this break- but I always note the actual speed they were going on the ticket, just in case they want to argue about it in court. If I am already cutting them a break and they choose to contest it, I have no problem with letting them move it back to the original speed and full fine amount.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3855 users online. 212 members and 3643 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X