300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever...

Last edited by Fauxnetikz; 05-28-2011, 03:33 PM.

Nobody on here would ever do that.

Comment

No. I'm a professional.

I do drive around with my left turn signal flashing all day though. I do it because I like the clicky noise.

Comment

On the advice of my attorney, and under my rights of the 5th amendment of the constitution I can not answer that question.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Never ever, nope, couldn't have been me, not in a million billion years. Nope, I'm not that guy.

Comment

yes...everyone was suddenly getting out of my way...didn't know why.

Comment

lmao...

My FTO asked me one day, "Are you going to pull over that guy over there?" while pointing across the street into the lane going to opposite direction as me.... I looked at him like he was crazy, wondering what I had missed, because I hadn't noticed any traffic infraction.... He said, "well, you've got the lights flashing, so I thought maybe you were going to pull him over!"

I'd just done a traffic stop and forgot to turn the lights off... Oopsy...lol, and I was wondering why everyone was being so polite and getting out of the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by Presence 1* View Post
                lmao...

My FTO asked me one day, "Are you going to pull over that guy over there?" while pointing across the street into the lane going to opposite direction as me.... I looked at him like he was crazy, wondering what I had missed, because I hadn't noticed any traffic infraction.... He said, "well, you've got the lights flashing, so I thought maybe you were going to pull him over!"

I'd just done a traffic stop and forgot to turn the lights off... Oopsy...lol, and I was wondering why everyone was being so polite and getting out of the way!!
                Same story for me, except that I was putting up temporary no parking signs for a parade. Then, once I finished I immediately got a low priority call. I ended up driving code to a barking dog call and didn't realize it, complete with complete stops at stop signs and waiting at red lights. I even started silently cussing at the "moronic" (motoring) public for stopping at a green light.

How embarrassed I was when I realized my folly.
                "To know that you know what you know and that you do not know what you do not know; that is true knowledge." - Unknown

Comment

Our cars are equiped with a system that applies an electic shock to the steering wheel and drivers seat every ten seconds when the lights are on to remind you, of course, it does make pursuits a bit more challenging.

I can honestly say that in 36 plus years I have never left the overheads on.

(Uncrosses fingers)
                  never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

I've never done that...wink. So, I plead the fif.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxE_oQBwrdU

Comment

Nice to know I'm not the only one.
                      Defend us in battle.
                      Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

Comment

Left them on after a call without realizing it and drove directly to McDonalds...code. I can imagine what it looked like with me pulling up to the drive through with my lights on. I didn't realize it until I saw them reflecting on the outside of the building. Oops.
                        Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Never driven around with the full show on before.

I was on an animal call at 03:00(ish) in front of an apartment complex. I tossed a camera bag into the front seat, which bounced up and hit the siren. Stopped traffic while I was trying to find which one of the 4 siren buttons it had hit. That was pretty embarrassing.

Comment

Never. I never forgot to turn off all the lights after checking out the car at the start of swing shift because our switches back then had no clickers, and never drove six blocks on the busiest street in the county wondering why everyone was pulling out of my way until I saw the reflection of all those pretty red and blue lights on a chrome bumper. Nope, never happened.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Never left the overhead lights on but I will admit that I occasionally leave my arrow stick on. Stupid arrow stick controls don't make a sound when they are on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6261 users online. 367 members and 5894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X