Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for students/ recent graduates?

many departments have residency requirements, can exceptions be made for recent college graduates or current college students? I'm willing to relocate and would like to apply/test for several counties/departments- some out of state from my legal residency. I realize in some areas it can take several years to become an officer, and transferring to a different location can also be difficult.

What about volunteering- can I volunteer for a department that I'm interested in but not technically live in the same county?

Originally posted by kdiaz2029 View Post
    many departments have residency requirements, can exceptions be made for recent college graduates or current college students? I'm willing to relocate and would like to apply/test for several counties/departments- some out of state from my legal residency. I realize in some areas it can take several years to become an officer, and transferring to a different location can also be difficult.

What about volunteering- can I volunteer for a department that I'm interested in but not technically live in the same county?
    It will all vary from department to department.

You don't normally have to live in the same city that you're applying for, but if and when you get hired they may require you to move within thier specified limits.

Volunteer/Reserve... again it will vary from department to department. The only way you will find your answer is if you call and ask them.

Comment

My agency requires residence in the county for all sworn members...including reserves. We do have a mounted posse that is exempt from the requirement. If you do not reside in the county at the time of application, you will be asked about your plans and provide proof of residency at a later date.
      "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2949 users online. 125 members and 2824 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X