300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transporting rifles/shotgun in Florida

I'm moving from one Florida city to another Florida city. I have some rifles and a shotgun and a pick-up truck, but no gunrack or concealed weapons permit. What is the best way to transport these guns?

If it was up to me I would simply hide them behind the driver's seat.

I do not want to put them in the bed of the truck because the lock on the cap is not secure.

Are there any special laws I need to be aware of?

Thank you for any advice.

P.S. I have tried calling a few city police departments and the Florida Highway Patrol, but nobody has had time to get back to me yet, or else I missed their call.

Originally posted by Redstart View Post
    I'm moving from one Florida city to another Florida city. I have some rifles and a shotgun and a pick-up truck, but no gunrack or concealed weapons permit. What is the best way to transport these guns?

If it was up to me I would simply hide them behind the driver's seat.

I do not want to put them in the bed of the truck because the lock on the cap is not secure.

Are there any special laws I need to be aware of?

Thank you for any advice.

P.S. I have tried calling a few city police departments and the Florida Highway Patrol, but nobody has had time to get back to me yet, or else I missed their call.
    Rifles/shotguns do not require Concealed Weapons Permits. To the best of my knowledge, they don't have to be registered in Florida. If you can get them into your pick-up, stored behind the seat, you should be OK. This is assuming you're going directly from your old house to your new one. If it's possible for you to borrow a vehicle where the weapons could be locked in the trunk, that would probably be your best bet.

Comment

Thank you very much for the reply and the information. I'll just hide them behind the driver's seat.

Comment

They are fine behind the seat but make certain that the ammo is in the back of the truck.Here in PA we don't like having the ammo and firearms within your reach.The other option is to remove the bolt from the rifle/barrel from the shotgun/ or some other form of field strip to make the gun unfireable

Comment

Just put them behind the seat. preferably in the case, and you'll be fine. If you get stopped, it's not big deal just keep your hands on the wheel, tell them you're moving, and that you have a few guns behind the seat.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6290 users online. 370 members and 5920 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X