300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Don't understand on no action taken

High folks. I am a former LEO from 20 years ago and used to serve felony warrants and have had plenty of guns shoved in my face and I have a problem.
    Last year a close relative confided in me about her brother,wife and son and two neices possibly being involved in a cover up of a Vehiculer Homicide and destroying evidence ( cleaning up the vehicle,removing skull fragmants,blood,hair) etc. The driver was allegedly high on cocaine. So mommy,daddy and attorney came to his rescue. I have reported this potential crime to the local PD homicide and local SO. I have not heard anything about any investigation or any other word about the matter. No one has contacted me or my relative.
    In my dept when ever a crime was reported we investigated immediately to determine if there was a crime and case. I am somewhat confused and dismayed at the lack of interest and response from local LE depts.
    The above is a very serious alleged crime and needs to be investigated.
    If their was a crime commited then there is a family out there that has no closer on their loved one and no one has been prosecuted.
    Any advice as to get action on this? Your help would be appreciated.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/07/...ion/index.html
    Last edited by Nobody; 10-08-2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll open a case file and begin arresting suspects right now. I was out at lunch and just completely forgot to investigate that pesky maybe-murder.
      Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Did you have any other info? How long ago did this happen? Are the local cops looking for a driver involved in a fatal hit and run? If you didn't give them anymore info, they'd have to do a lot of digging to see if they are even looking for a suspect. The cops don't need to talk to you--they need to talk to your close relative.

Comment

From your post it is impossible to even take a guess at what is being done. Did you provide a date, a location, a time of day, a vehicle description or any other pertinent data that would help the investigators narrow their search? This is obviously a cold case, if a long period of time has transpired. Be patient and I am certain the investigation will progress based on the merits of the information provided.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

As a former Officer, you should be a little more familiar with these situations than the average citizen. We'd probably all be amazed at the number of reports such as yours, which reach LE agencies on a daily basis. I certainly don't want to offend you, or minimize your concerns, but there are simply too many holes in the story. It's possible, that the situation you reference could be handled as a "Cold Case", but, don't believe everything you see on TV. Quite a few Cold Case Investigators can only work a cold case, when they have a little slack time from an on-going investigation. That can be pretty rare. Many agencies simply don't have the investigative manpower to assign Officers to Cold Cases. As an alternative, you could consider employing a Private Investigator. This can be a fairly expensive option, and one with no guarantee of any satisfactory results. At the end of the day, that will be your call.

Comment

Info

Thank you for responding. Yes. I asked all of the needed investigative questions of my relative and gave the info to local PD and SO. I had good info,enough to get a warrant. But I don't know if a unresolved fatality occured on that freeway around the time frame. I was thinking about going to speak with the Texas Rangers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                  i'm missing something

originally it was all "possible crime" "allegedly on cocaine" and the people named were only "possibly involved"

and you still don't know if there was an unresolved fatality (above)

but yet you say you have enough info to get a warrant? (possible crime, no proof there was a crime --- yet you have probable cause?????

post the whole story, or please don't bother posting again.......
                  +1

Go ahead and speak with the Rangers. I'd love to hear what they have to say!

Comment

I only deal in reality. I believe that no crime should go unpunished, I am from a long line of LE and even if relatives are involved in a supposed crime of this magnitude they should be punished. No one is above the law in America.
                    I don't even think of talking to the alleged actors,that is for LE to do. Here yes caseloads are huge and time consuming,but a cover up stands out a little more I'd think. At least worth a shot at it. Sometimes investigators get lucky.
                    Given my knowledge of the actors and their popensity for not doing the right thing it does not surprise me a bit for them to do this.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WARRANT4U View Post
                        I only deal in reality. I believe that no crime should go unpunished, I am from a long line of LE and even if relatives are involved in a supposed crime of this magnitude they should be punished. No one is above the law in America.
                        I don't even think of talking to the alleged actors,that is for LE to do. Here yes caseloads are huge and time consuming,but a cover up stands out a little more I'd think. At least worth a shot at it. Sometimes investigators get lucky.
                        Given my knowledge of the actors and their popensity for not doing the right thing it does not surprise me a bit for them to do this.
                        What probably cause do you have that you say is enough to swear out a warrant? Just a statement from a third party? I know Texas is like their own country down there, but I am pretty sure they still have to follow the fourth ammendment. Am I wrong?

Comment

Geez Nobody. I did not want to post the whole report. Too long. I do not mean to upset you. Sometimes LEO's need to ask the brotherhood for some advice. If local LE is not interested then so be it. Another BG get's away.
                          I have had enough. Going to the range to keep my peepers sharp and calm my self. Please no more posts from any one. Thank you for the responses.
                          God Bless America except Obama. God bless our troops and our Law enforcement officers all over America. And John Wayne.

Comment

Sometimes LEO's need to ask the brotherhood for some advice.
                            Sorry to burst your fantasy bubble, but you're not a LEO. You're not "in the brotherhood".

No more posts from any one.

You deserve a nice heaping shot of this!

Comment

Originally posted by RDEP View Post
                              Sorry to burst your fantasy bubble, but you're not a LEO. You're not "in the brotherhood".

You deserve a nice heaping shot of this!
                              R DEP. Knew that was coming. What took ya so long?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4598 users online. 302 members and 4296 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X