Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does your Dept dispatch this type of call?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does your Dept dispatch this type of call?

This is from a situation I had last summer, me and a co-worker were talking about the other day, and I was kind of curious how your Dept dispatches this type of call:

I was working security at a condo on the beach, and I had received a few complaints about a heavily intoxicated guy causing a scene out on the pool deck, I went out there, to find him and his buddy screaming and yelling just causing a big show.

I went and approached them to just get them off the property, and they comply and start heading through the parking lot, and to the road, about half way through, one of them turns around and starts yelling at me, and refusing to leave, so I call the local SO, and while I'm on the phone with him, he starts charging at me, and which point I said something to the effect of "Oh S#$T and dropped the cellphone, and went to fighting with the drunken moron....

Next thing I know all 8 beach units are arriving at the condos running code 3.

After getting both patrons in this situation cuffed and in cruisers while filling out statements, I got talking with a Deputy that I know, and he told he that the call was Dispatched as a signal 36 (Officer in Trouble here)

It kind of caught me off guard that the call was dispatched that way, because we are no kind of LEOs EMS or FFs ( I don't know about other places, but they combine the officer in trouble signal for EMS and FFs too)

I guess my question is, how would your Dept dispatch that call, in a situation like that, and if you were to get it just as a fight call, would you respond any different?

A 415 (disturbance) with 2 647F (drunks) refusing to leave.

A 242 (fight) brewing.....to a 242 in progress.

No code 3 response.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Pretty much as posted above, but when dispatch advises that the security guard is fighting with a subject, it would be Code 3. We can go Code 3 to a fight or battery in progress.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Ekkk...dont know how some of you people make do with dispatch advising your response.

We used to get these all the time for loss prevention or Security chasing/fighting with someone. It has since been down graded and unless there is a weapon involved it gets the same response as any other fight or theft would.

As a supervisor I could not want my people running lights and sirens to an "officer in distrest" type of call when it's a security guard involved. We however do have a lot of off duty officers working different locations who would get a different response for sure.

Comment

If it's a cop or FF, and dispatch hears a disturbance in the background, we will run balls to the wall to get to them. If it's anyone else, we run routine traffic, unless there is a weapon involved. Technically, dispatch could hear you being beat to death in a fistfight, and according to our policy, that does not justify a code run because a weapon is not involved.

Comment

I would run hot to this call whether it was dispatched as a 26(fight) in progress or a 44 (officer in trouble). Security officers deserve the same response as any other officer when in trouble, IMO. Of course, I was a security officer before I became a LEO.
            ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS THAT GOOD MEN DO NOTHING. -EDMUND BURKE

Comment

Whenever there is a fight in progress prompts a high response call. People getting hurt is pretty important and preventing it is also important.

Unless you think things being stolen is more important....
              Last edited by wirefire2; 09-27-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Hell i go code 3 to lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                  Ekkk...dont know how some of you people make do with dispatch advising your response.
                  Our dispatch just gives us the info; we make the decision on response code. If we advise we Code 3, dispatch has to make sure the sergeant copied the Code 3 traffic and he has the option to reduce us.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                    Hell i go code 3 to lunch.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

10-37S Suspicious Situation. No Code. Unless it's an Off-Duty Cop working Security, Then it's balls to the wall
                      To be honest I don't remember too much about losing my virginity. All I remember is I had been awake for almost 86 hours, I was on the roof of a Public Storage building in what seemed to be a freezing rainstorm, and Christopher Walken was there with a disposable camera that he kept winding even though it had clearly run out of pictures.

Comment

We had a security officer in foot pursuit of a "drug dealer" in their apartment complex. It should have at least went out as a priority call... but they just put it out as a routine narcotics call.

Comment

Code response from our Department, Dispatch would advise a 10-10 in progress and provide as much details as possible. balls to the wall, no but code to get us through traffic and arrive.

Officer calls for assitance (10-78), will get there as fast as my Charger will allow

Comment

Fight in progress. With the circumstances posted, a code 3 response. But there's a lot of weak departments out here that won't roll code for shootings...

Comment

If your department doesn't let you run lights and sirens to a fight in progress, what the hell do you run that way for?

I can't fathom knowing that i'm on my way to a fight where people are obviously beating the crap out of each other, and sitting at a red light. Isn't part of our job the preservation of life, or at the very least the stopping of crimes? I don't typically give security guards the same status of a police officer, but i'd run hot to a fight call whether they were involved or not.
                              Originally posted by K40
                              To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                              ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5870 users online. 356 members and 5514 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X