300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boots

Ok guys, I need to try to find replacement boots for my bates, seeing that my department will be postponing replacements of uniforms until ending of next year I have to purchase a pair of my own. I need something with ankle support that is good for running seeing that I am in partol. There are so many boots out there so I dont know where to start. Some help please
    Over town, this should be interesting!

Danner Boots

Comment

I switched from original swat (I know, they were academy boots and they sucked!) to Danner Acadias. Never been happier. Not sure how mine will hold up in the subzero temps, but they have the goretex lining and are capable of being resoled. Mine were $240, so they aren't cheap, but many guys at my agency have been on the same set of Danners for 5+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoMtnCop View Post
        I switched from original swat (I know, they were academy boots and they sucked!) to Danner Acadias. Never been happier. Not sure how mine will hold up in the subzero temps, but they have the goretex lining and are capable of being resoled. Mine were $240, so they aren't cheap, but many guys at my agency have been on the same set of Danners for 5+ years.
        +1 on the Danners. They are GREAT boots, probably the best on the market.

If the $200+ price tag is a bit much for you, I'm also a big fan of the 5.11 series of boots.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Oakley's are pretty good....very comfortable

Comment

danners are great...if you cant afford then look at 511 atac, waterproof, sidezip...very nice
            "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
            The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
            sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
            Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

If not Danners, then Corcorans.

I've got two pair of each, and wear the Danners in the winter and Corcorans in the summer. Both are excellent.

Haven't tried to rebuild Corcorans and don't even know if it can be done, but Danners can be rebuilt. They are expensive but factor in the cost of replacing boots as well as the extended wear you get from good quality boots and the price is worth it.

The reason for two pair of each is that I wear them alternately, letting the pair I wore today air two whole days before I wear them again. It really seems to make a difference in longevity. I heard somewhere that if you buy two pair of boots now and wear them alternately, they will last longer than one pair bought now & worn all the time, then replaced by second pair again worn all the time. I don't have the figures to prove that, but with almost 18 years in it seems to hold true.
              The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

511 Tactical. $100 a pair (less than 1/2 what Danner Acasia boots cost), last a year or 2, warm, light and water proof.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Had Original Swat in the academy, they were not good boots. I purchased a pair of Danner Boots and love them, well worth the expense.
                  No one is without answers except he who asks no questions. (Unknown)

Comment

Did you try searching in the duty gear section? There are a few threads regarding duty boots and seems to be some good info there on select manufacturers.
                    Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

I'm on my 3rd or 4th pair of Rocky Alpha's with the side zipper in close to 8 years and will continue to get them. Danners have an unbelievable reputation for comfort and durability, if you have the money. I've heard that Oakley's are good for the money too. Remember, if you're an LEO you can get them at a great discount at usstandardissue.com
                      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

+1 to Danners

Comment

I just recently bought a pair of 5.11 ATAC, and couldn't be happier. They're lite and have tons of ankle support.

Comment

Rocky, Portlands. You can get them with leather or nylon upper. Nylon breaths alot better. In 11 years in the military and law enforcement, they are the best boots I have EVER had!

Comment

FYI. This is the boot I wear.

http://quanticoboot.com/qb/detail.aspx?ID=620

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6188 users online. 320 members and 5868 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X