Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen one of those hats in a long time. For a while I thought you were talking about something like a sheriff's hat. I can see how one could fit 4 flex cuffs into that. For some reason that reminds me of inspecter gadget

Kudos to marking your gear. Now if only your handcuffs were pink, no one would ever mistake them

I never knew that officers pranked each other due to the seriousness of the work. I bet the new academy guys must get the rough end of the stick
    Last edited by beetz12; 09-29-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

We arrested a fair number of steroid smugglers, who could not touch the backs of their hands together behind their backs - so, two pair of cuffs.

One way to tell a steroid abuser? Two officers stand at 90 degrees to each other, and alternate speaking. If the suspect cannot turn just his/her head, but must turn their body, they are most likely abusing steroids.
      Last edited by Sleuth; 09-29-2009, 05:36 PM.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
        One way to tell a steroid abuser? Two officers stand at 90 degrees to each other, and alternate speaking. If the suspect cannot turn just his/her head, but must turn their body, they are most likely abusing steroids.
        LOL, maybe he's a pain in the neck

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
          We arrested a fair number of steroid smugglers, who could not touch the backs of their hands together behind their backs - so, two pair of cuffs.

Why is this?

Too many muscles?

Or is this a joke?

Comment

Two pair on the belt, one pair of Peerless hinged as my primaries and a set of Peerless chains that I have had since I started in 1972. Three pair up front in the car and a couple of more pair along with shackles and belly chains in a small tool bag in the trunk.

Back when I started, we all still wore the bus driver hats so we would take the little coil spring insert out that let the hat keep its shape and put a couple of pair of flex-cuffs in its place, hat kept its shape unless you used all of the flex-cuffs then your hat took on that fifty mission crush look.

I make maintenance of all of my cuffs a regular part of my off-duty activities.
            never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

My primary (favorite) pair is a set of Smiths,my first pair,been in active use since 1976,and are now older than most people I use them on.
              Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

[http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/07/...ion/index.html
                Last edited by Nobody; 10-08-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

HEDP, we found that steroid abusers tend to overdevelop the muscles in their neck, losing flexibility. It was a indicator, not proof.
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5925 users online. 354 members and 5571 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X