300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Applicant

I work a Loss Prevention job and I just applied for the Fort Worth PD. I know and understand that the loss prevention experience will not give me any type of edge in the process. But I do have a very good rapport with the officers that I work with. I was wondering if there was any sort of "putting a good word in for me" type of thing.

Thanks.
    Last edited by DTM_87; 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM.

If they're asked, I'm sure they'll say something about you. It's doubtful that they'll run up to HR and say "Hey that guy DTM is a helluva guy, he should definitely be hired".

Comment

Originally posted by DTM_87 View Post
      Hey there Officers.

I work a Loss Prevention job and I just applied for the Fort Worth PD. I know and understand that the loss prevention experience will not give me any type of edge in the process. But I do have a very good rapport with the officers that I work with. I was wondering if there was any sort of "putting a good word in for me" type of thing.

Thanks.
      Remotely possible at some stage in the process, although I wouldn't count on it. You'll need to test well in all phases of the process. No doubt, the competition will be pretty stiff, given the economy, etc.In the "weighted" phases of the process, which are usually the written and oral exams, you need to score in the high nineties to be competitive. The remaining aspects of the process are usually pretty much "pass-fail".

Comment

If you made it to the background process, maybe. How much are these guys actually going to be able to say about you? Probably not much. What is more important is what the store manager is going to say about you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4771 users online. 255 members and 4516 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X