300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic accident.

I posted this in the general section and have been advised to move it here.

My sister was just hit from behind at a stop light. It caused a three car accident (rear car hits middle car hits front car. The front car fled, her car (big suv) was damaged bad ($10,000) the cause of the accident was a small pick up that looks totaled. My sister saw the two in the rear car switch places. The guy who she saw driving became unresponsive. He was bleeding bad from a mouth wound. My sister started to call 911 and the female "passenger" said, "No don't call he does not have insurance and I don't know what he took, you know how these things go"! My sister was thinking it was auto, but it turned out to be medical. Traffic showed up, called fire, fire called medical transport. The guy my sister saw driving was bad off. All auto insurance was ran on site and checked out, traffic officer and the emts looked over the car and could not determine who was driving at the time.

They were insured, when my sister called it in she found out her hubby had let it lapse. In Louisiana if you are not insured even if you are not at fault you have to pay the first $10,000 of any damage. Unless it's a DUI...

His driving was erratic before the crash.
    They switched positions.
    "No don't call he does not have insurance and I don't know what he took, you know how these things go"!
    No charges.

Have to show DUI on the injured (driver), and the driver switch.

What now?

Things are in the basement. Call an attorney. This is now out of the hands of Law Enforcement and is in need of legal advice.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
      Things are in the basement. Call an attorney. This is now out of the hands of Law Enforcement and is in need of legal advice.
      +1

Comment

Each state's law is different and Louisiana is very different. So I have no idea.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh yes. I spoke with the responding officer and she was very professional and as diligent as time and resources could allow. I'm worried about the time frame of filing a civil suit and medical records being misplaced etc...

Do the ERs run tox tests when they come in or does it need to be ordered?

Comment

more than likely they did blood work but it will have to be subpoenaed. It would be prudent to hire an attorney...
            (I can' believe I just said that... )
            It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
            Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Call the lawyers and the insurance company. Its a civil problem now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5729 users online. 326 members and 5403 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X