Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOMBSTONE
    replied
    I see some replies that 2 uniforms last a week???? Thats nasty, unless you work in the college dormatory on desk duty, even then thats nasty. In South Florida we are sweating the minute we get out of the car. Remember also with H1N1 out there being around strangers that may be sick is a risk. Get a set of 5/5 shirts and pants. Dry cleaning is optional, I wash and dry mine and hot out of the dryer they are wrinkle free.

Leave a comment:

• WIcop2008
    replied
    I wash mine after every single use. Maybe it's just me, but I get that mix of deodorant and armpit odor in the duty shirts no matter what. Even on days I don't sweat. I'm a bit of a hygiene freak so I always put on a clean uniform. Maybe in winter I'll go two days in a row

Dry cleaning would be too expensive, and washing my uniform after every use shortens the lifespan... so I always wash on cold with very mild detergent. It does the trick!

there are some people I work with who smell like they go a month without a shower or washing their uniform. I do not want to be "that" person(s).

My vest however can go a week without smelling at all (odd?).

Leave a comment:

• rpd1794
    replied
    Dry clean 99% of the time. About once a year I will machine wash to get the dry cleaning solution washed out..then hung up to air dry.

I usually get two days out of a set, and throw it on the ironing board the second day to knock the wrinkles out before roll call.

Leave a comment:

• fleetguy
    replied
    Normal wash and dry, 3 days per uniform. If they payed for dry cleaining I would take them in, but the sheriff's uniforms get what the sheriff pays for. I do iron them before I wear them, but the patches are starting to peal off and I'm lossing buttons.

Leave a comment:

• nasa808
    replied
    Thats why you go to an Organic Dry Cleaner

Leave a comment:

• Presence 1*
    replied
    Machine wash and dry for me... the ironing creases stay for quite a while, so I don't iron every day, just as a touch up.

dry cleaning kind of freaks me out, those chemicals can't be good for you.

I usually wash it after each shift end, so I either wear it for two days, or three days.

Sometimes if I am lazy and it still smells fresh I'll wear it one more time before washing.

Leave a comment:

• smk99
    replied
    Im with rube... when the uniform starts to talk to me, its time to hose it down with some fabreez and an iron.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Dept pays for dry cleaning....unless I am sweaty or something gets on it, it will last for 2-3 shifts before getting wrinkled.
    I do every now and then throw them in the wash...dry cleaning is done in mass quantities so evryone elses sweat and dirt is swigging around with my uniform..

Leave a comment:

• phillyrube
    replied
    Wait till they stand in the corner by themselves? I usually 1-2 sets a 4 day work week, machine wash cold, tumble dry, take from dryer hot and onto hangers. If i have court I'll press a set before I go.

Leave a comment:

• JKralC104
    replied
    Very rarely can I make a shirt last more than 2 shifts. (downside of white shirts) Machine wash and dry and do my own ironing.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    At LAPD dry-clean only. Usually three days wearing per uniform on eight hour shifts, two days on 12-hour shifts.

At my current department, they issue wash 'n' wear. If I take them right from the washer to the dryer then to the hanger, I don't need to iron them. Two ten-hour shifts per uniform.

In either case, I always have two full sets of all the doo-dads (name plate, collar insignia, etc.) that have to go on a uniform so that one was ready to go at all times. I merely moved the badge and the pocket contents to the next-days uniform.

Leave a comment:

• janego10
    replied
    When you get the white ring around the armpit its time for another uniform top...no matter how much you want to walk around with your arms working only from the elbows....someone will notice and it will be the sergeant or chief.

Leave a comment:

• ShepXD
    replied
    Machine wash only. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who makes one uniform last an entire week (sometimes more). Of course if it gets noticeably dirty or I soaked the uniform in sweat I'll wash it right away.

Leave a comment:

• ArkansasFan24
    replied
    I wash and dry them myself and iron them before wearing them. Depending on the weather and my activities I use between two and five sets of uniforms.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Machine wash and dry on medium heat. I get two days out of them unless it is really hot, then I get a fresh shirt everyday.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3583 users online. 238 members and 3345 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X