Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wash after every use. Never use dryer. Take uniform from washer and place on ironing board. I then spray the uniform with starch, specifically Faultless heavy starch, and let air dry. Iron uniform with iron set at first setting for steam. Pocket the uniform allowance...

Comment

I wash mine after each use.

The day/night before my first shift for the week I'll iron out enough for the week. I don't like going into work with a shirt that hasn't at least been pressed before I wear it.

Comment

machine wash then throw them bad boys into the dryer.

Comment

Whats dry clean???

Comment

Machine wash and dry on medium heat. I get two days out of them unless it is really hot, then I get a fresh shirt everyday.

Comment

I wash and dry them myself and iron them before wearing them. Depending on the weather and my activities I use between two and five sets of uniforms.

Comment

Machine wash only. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who makes one uniform last an entire week (sometimes more). Of course if it gets noticeably dirty or I soaked the uniform in sweat I'll wash it right away.

Comment

When you get the white ring around the armpit its time for another uniform top...no matter how much you want to walk around with your arms working only from the elbows....someone will notice and it will be the sergeant or chief.

Comment

At LAPD dry-clean only. Usually three days wearing per uniform on eight hour shifts, two days on 12-hour shifts.

At my current department, they issue wash 'n' wear. If I take them right from the washer to the dryer then to the hanger, I don't need to iron them. Two ten-hour shifts per uniform.

In either case, I always have two full sets of all the doo-dads (name plate, collar insignia, etc.) that have to go on a uniform so that one was ready to go at all times. I merely moved the badge and the pocket contents to the next-days uniform.
                    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Very rarely can I make a shirt last more than 2 shifts. (downside of white shirts) Machine wash and dry and do my own ironing.

Comment

Wait till they stand in the corner by themselves? I usually 1-2 sets a 4 day work week, machine wash cold, tumble dry, take from dryer hot and onto hangers. If i have court I'll press a set before I go.

Comment

Dept pays for dry cleaning....unless I am sweaty or something gets on it, it will last for 2-3 shifts before getting wrinkled.
                          I do every now and then throw them in the wash...dry cleaning is done in mass quantities so evryone elses sweat and dirt is swigging around with my uniform..
                          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Im with rube... when the uniform starts to talk to me, its time to hose it down with some fabreez and an iron.

Comment

Machine wash and dry for me... the ironing creases stay for quite a while, so I don't iron every day, just as a touch up.

dry cleaning kind of freaks me out, those chemicals can't be good for you.

I usually wash it after each shift end, so I either wear it for two days, or three days.

Sometimes if I am lazy and it still smells fresh I'll wear it one more time before washing.

Comment

Thats why you go to an Organic Dry Cleaner
                                We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4377 users online. 251 members and 4126 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X