Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My record is spotless aside from a single speeding citation but......

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My record is spotless aside from a single speeding citation but......

that's not what I'm worried about. When I'm done with college, I'm planning on applying to several departments in my area (Niles, Des Plains, Norridge, Harwood Heights, and Chicago) with Niles being my top choice. While I was a Sophomore in high school, I had my right big toenail removed permanently removed because of a major ingrown problem. Would this present a problem when I apply or would the department love the fact that I'm lacking a nail? Got this idea because my podiatrist (Fmr. Army podiatrist) said the Army would actually prefer that I get all 10 toenails ripped out.
    Life is what you make of it

Are you for real? I'm so glad I'm almost to the age where I can retire.

Comment

Originally posted by sigcopper View Post
      Are you for real? I'm so glad I'm almost to the age where I can retire.
      Bwaahahahaha!!!!
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

lol. No one will care if you are missing a toe nail. However, you may fail the psychological part of the hiring process if you decide to have the other 9 toe nails removed to increase your chances of bieng hired....

Comment

As long as you can perform the minimum physical requirements of the job its not going to be a problem. We have an officer in SD that had his leg blown off from the shin down by a landmine. He now has a titanium replacement and he can run faster than most people and continues to serve as a full-time officer. You also can't tell he has a prosthetic unless he wears shorts.

Comment

I'm pretty sure your ok and just overreacting.

Comment

You're gonna miss it!

Graveyard shift..........nothing going on, pull off your boots to trim the toe nails and..........VOILA! One less to attend to
              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Ah, Umm, I shave me pubic hairs, will this DQ me?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                  I'm pretty sure your ok and just overreacting.
                  +1

Comment

In all seriousness I had the same thing happen as you, had my right toenail removed when I was about 12...no problems. welcome to the club!
                    "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

As a matter of fact, Niles is giving a test and you must have at least 8 of your toe nails intact, so sounds like you're good to go...

Comment

Originally posted by gloc_copper View Post
                        In all seriousness I had the same thing happen as you, had my right toenail removed when I was about 12...no problems. welcome to the club!
                        Yea, and then it was a pain in the @$$ soaking the toe in Epsom salt for a few weeks due to exposed nerves but now the bed is hard enough to protect itself, and I'm glad to hear that it won't be a major hurdle. BTW, does anyone want to see pictures of the toe My girlfriend thinks its neat and even tries to poke it once in awhile so its not that bad lol

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
                          Yea, and then it was a pain in the @$$ soaking the toe in Epsom salt for a few weeks due to exposed nerves but now the bed is hard enough to protect itself, and I'm glad to hear that it won't be a major hurdle. BTW, does anyone want to see pictures of the toe My girlfriend thinks its neat and even tries to poke it once in awhile so its not that bad lol
                          Uhhhhhhhhh.............not so much

It is a good thing to share with ONLY her
                          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Why don't you become an MD-11 pilot? I don't think the toe nail would interfere with the rudder pedals...

Comment

I can't afford flight school at the moment otherwise I would have worked towards my goal of flying FedEx MD-11's, or maybe UPS but they seek really experienced pilots hence the awesome pay they get over passenger pilots. First year FO's get 174K a year for wide-bodies (DC-10/MD-11)! The toe really isn't an issue in fact I don't even notice about it until I get the random finger poke from the gf. I could go euro and fly KLM's MD-11's lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4637 users online. 256 members and 4381 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X