NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there is no damage to the cruiser.........

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    After watching that video only one time, I can just about guarantee you that caused several thousand dollars in damage. No such thing as a small dent or two in an impact like that. Been there and done that.

Even if that car had a Mad Max bumper, it would have been dented to the point where it would have to have been reported.

Leave a comment:

• S.O.444
    replied
    All accidents involving (or any damage to) city vehicles gets reported immediately. That's all there is to it. Man up and own up to your mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• KapsFB
    replied
    Originally posted by TOMBSTONE View Post
    If you wreck it.REPORT IT. We are judged by our honesty remember that and I have dinged up many a car (for good reason) and always report it. The man always took care of me...just dont hide stuff then your asking for trouble
    Couldn't agree more. We had one of these just recently. Trip to the car wash literally took away all the 'damage' to the cruiser. There was a pov involved however. Was the pov's fault, a very minor collision but ALL incidents involving City vehicles MUST be reported. We'll then determine if further action (ie. repairs, etc.) is needed. The paperwork is a PITA but integrity requires it.

Leave a comment:

• TOMBSTONE
    replied
    If you wreck it.REPORT IT. We are judged by our honesty remember that and I have dinged up many a car (for good reason) and always report it. The man always took care of me...just dont hide stuff then your asking for trouble

Leave a comment:

• leesrt
    replied
    Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
    That deer didn't cause a "dent or two" in a plastic bumper and sheet metal hood. That's a 100lb+ deer at a speed of at least 65MPH. That car was totaled after that. You can actually see the right bar of the push bumper disappear after the collision.

I'm glad someone else caught that. Any incident involving your vehicle you file a report. Not only to CYA but you develop a reputation of being a stand up cop.
    In todays world your life is always recorded. The one time you decide to bypass telling someone a citizen will send your Chief a nice cell phone video of your exploits. I've seen it happen.

Leave a comment:

• In It To Win It
    replied
    Report any and all damage. I found out the hard way. Backing up, about 2-3 mph side swiped a yellow pole VERY minor damage, a slight buffable yellow mark and a small indent. Just before the incident another officer had a similar situation with minor damage and they just wrote up a "wear and tear" on it. I assumed such would be the case with mine as it wasn't as bad as the other officer's damage. WRONG! I know I assumed, shame on me. During my monthly vehicle inspection, my sgt. inspected the whole vehicle, exterior, interior, engine, everything. Nothing said about the damage. I believed everything was good. About a month later, he showed another sgt, on duty, the damage and that sgt., said, "Sgt. XXXXXXXX just showed me some damage on your vehicle can you explain it?" So I did. Report it IMMEDIATELY. Lesson learned.

Leave a comment:

• mooseyard
    replied
    We just put deer guards on the squads and one of the deputies hit a deer at 115. He took out a headlight and that was it. Yes, I'm going to report any accident just to CMA. The deer guards really do their job.

Leave a comment:

• luckydog
    replied
    I had just gotten my truck back and hit a deer that jumped between my partner’s vehicle and mine. I think I was going 45 or so and it took out my passenger side headlight assembly. This happened 2 days after I hit a black bear that totaled the spare I was driving because mine was getting a new engine. 2 days before that my partner hit a deer with parts of his truck flying off and striking vehicles traveling the opposite direction. All of these were reported to the Sgt.

Leave a comment:

• 5031OKC
    replied
    Boo for double posts.

Leave a comment:

• 5031OKC
    replied
    One of my former coworkers bumped a garbage bin while leaving a call once. He cracked the corner light on his scout car, a $50 dollar part at best. Instead, he decided to come up with a story about how it got hit while it was parked in front of his house. Sure enough, 3 days later he reports it as an accident that happened at his house. About 2 months after that he resigned under threat of termination.
    If you wreck it, report it. I sure as hell wouldn't trade my job for a corner light.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    I would report it...CYA

Leave a comment:

• wirefire2
    replied
    That deer didn't cause a "dent or two" in a plastic bumper and sheet metal hood. That's a 100lb+ deer at a speed of at least 65MPH. That car was totaled after that. You can actually see the right bar of the push bumper disappear after the collision.

Leave a comment:

• MD11pilot
    replied
    Whoops, maybe I should proofread word for word instead of skimming next time lol

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    Originally posted by On the sly
    .....To include dear giblets on the patrol cars.
    Originally posted by On the sly
    I was referring to my dear wife.

then that's one heck of a story you've left out

Leave a comment:

• oneoldcop
    replied
    We have 2 disabled cars now due to the deer, dear...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4037 users online. 258 members and 3779 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X